what to call it Watch

one_step_beyond
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
on my PS, what should i refer to the course as? the unis all seem to call it different things, so should i go for veterinary science, veterinary medicine or BVetMed, or should i use all of 'em?

TY
xxx
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Veterinary science or medicine; perhaps try to refer to the disciplines rather than the courses (e.g. talk about "medicine" when you're specifically meaning treating animals and "science" when you're talking about research, even if that's not really what how the courses split).
Annaconda
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
science is a shorter word, so when just talking bout it generally might be better to use this, to get you a couple mroe characters to use elsewhere, but i would agree with talking bout the different asbects separately.
Dotn say BVEtMed cos this is only the title used at RVC, so may not look favourable when different institutions read it
two22
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I referred to it as vet medicine on my PS. i hate the term 'vet science'. you wouldn't hear a medicine course being referred to as 'science', so why would you call what we do do just science?
*Nicole*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i think i called it vet medicine cos i thought it sounded better
jess-xxx-xxx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if im talking to just random people who want toknow what im doin at uni then i just say veterinary because if you complicate things with for example adding science or medicine theyre always like oh so what is that then- they just dont relate it to being a vet!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (302)
37.47%
No - but I will (61)
7.57%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.44%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (383)
47.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed