f_amendment
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi! I am an international student who applied to New College, Oxford this year. I have just received this email from them, and just want to ask whether any good soul knows what this means?

Remote interviews

If you live outside of UK, the European Economic Area (EU and Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein), or Switzerland, you may request to have a remote (online) interview. You can read more about the organisation of remote interviews at New College by visiting new.ox.ac.uk/remote-interviews. If you wish to request a remote interview, please email [email protected] by 10 November 2019. Please note that this does not constitute an invitation for interview.

No Remote interviews

Please note that our Biochemistry and English Literature and Language tutors at New College do not hold remote (online) interviews. If you have applied for one of these courses and require a remote online interview, please email [email protected] as soon as possible.

All shortlisted applicants for Medicine will be invited to come to Oxford for an interview in December. If you are shortlisted, you must attend this interview in Oxford if you would like your application to be considered.
vanessa2422
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Basically, if you applied for Biochemistry, English Language and Literature, or Medicine, you cannot have your interview through Skype and will have to travel to Oxford. For any other course, you can choose to attend interviews in Oxford or request a Skype interview.
QHF
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by f_amendment)
Please note that our Biochemistry and English Literature and Language tutors at New College do not hold remote (online) interviews. If you have applied for one of these courses and require a remote online interview, please email [email protected] as soon as possible.
Sounds like they don't do remote interviews for English. However, I'd read this slightly differently to the other reply you've had: I don't think this necessarily means that you must attend in person. If you've applied for English and you can't interview in person, email the address listed and explain that you can't do this. I don't know what they will do, but it is possible that they will, for example, be able to assign you to a different college which does do remote interviews.
f_amendment
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by QHF)
Sounds like they don't do remote interviews for English. However, I'd read this slightly differently to the other reply you've had: I don't think this necessarily means that you must attend in person. If you've applied for English and you can't interview in person, email the address listed and explain that you can't do this. I don't know what they will do, but it is possible that they will, for example, be able to assign you to a different college which does do remote interviews.
Thank you! I've done that, and I will update their reply on the forum for other people's future reference!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (240)
56.87%
I don't have everything I need (182)
43.13%

Watched Threads