Girlfriend may be pregnant? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
please keep anon as people i know are on here...

So im starting to worry alot about my gf being pregnant. Shes been urinating very frequently, and has tender breasts, but as of right now we dont know if shes skipped her period as we only had sex less than a week ago for the first time. She was a virgin so it was her first time, and im curious if maybe the symptoms shes getting are from something other than being pregnant.... she said there is a pounding feeling like she really has to urinate almost all the time, and there's some pain when she comes to the end of her pee...

anyone else experience this and know what it is? any advice?

:confused:
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think its more likely to be some sort of urine infection rather than pregnancy.
I'd definately encourage her to go and see her GP to get checked out.

In a month or so, if you still think that she might be pregnant then buy a test and see. Try not to worry too much in the mean time though as I'd think its quite unlikely if you've been having protected sex and she only had sex within the last week.
Anonymous
Report 10 years ago
ahh thanks, shes getting checked for infection as soon as possible
fleur de lis
Badges: 3
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mollymustard)
I think its more likely to be some sort of urine infection rather than pregnancy.
I'd definately encourage her to go and see her GP to get checked out.

In a month or so, if you still think that she might be pregnant then buy a test and see. Try not to worry too much in the mean time though as I'd think its quite unlikely if you've been having protected sex and she only had sex within the last week.
:ditto: all of this, she should go see her GP as a first port of call.
princess_sue
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
bang there goes your anonymity!

anyway, I doubt she is pregnant - plus 1 week isn't enough for symptoms unless very rare!
*AngelFish*
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yep not pregnant. Urinating frequently is only a sign of pregnancy in the very last few months, as the babies so big it squashes the bladder. And you would definitely know for certain by then anyway! Would think it was an infection of some kind.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *AngelFish*)
Yep not pregnant. Urinating frequently is only a sign of pregnancy in the very last few months, as the babies so big it squashes the bladder. And you would definitely know for certain by then anyway! Would think it was an infection of some kind.
Not true. Urinating frequently is an early sign of pregnancy, as well as a symptom in later trimesters. This is due to increased production of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). It was one of the first signs for me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/havin...cy_signs.shtml
http://www.midwivesonline.com/parents/parents1//114

OP, I agree with the others it sounds like a urine infection and if she is due onto her period then her breasts will be more tender. Get her to book an appointment with her GP next week.
Anonymous
Report 10 years ago
thank you, i read up a little bit more, adn feel alot better. Sex is a common cause of UTI so im guessing thats what happened.

heart is still racing though thank you all for your calming words!
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
Sounds like a UTI or cystitis to me!

Cystitis can be caused by sex if it's a bit.. well not necessarily rigorous, I guess it's easier to cause it if she was a virgin before. But UTIs can be caused by bacteria etc, which you might be carrying! It might be worth you getting checked out too - and if you weren't a virgin I assume you've been checked for STIs?

If it is 'just' cystitis it's fairly common - honeymoon cystitis - but no less painful or scary the first time! A visit to the GP is the only thing that'll clear it up properly, but you could try getting some "cystitis relief" sachets from the chemist to try and help out a bit, they relieve the pain, and there's no harm taking them before you know for certain if it is cystitis.
suek
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^^ I didn't mean to anon -_-
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Next time you have sex, be sure to tell her to pee before/after sex & tell her to drink lots of liquids beforehand. I hear it helps a lot with preventing UTIs
Downesey
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by princess_sue)
bang there goes your anonymity!

anyway, I doubt she is pregnant - plus 1 week isn't enough for symptoms unless very rare!

How has he lost his anon? He hasnt said anything atall really. No1 could deduce that this guy could be a friend of theirs by him saying his gf is going to check for uti?
suek
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Downesey)
How has he lost his anon? He hasnt said anything atall really. No1 could deduce that this guy could be a friend of theirs by him saying his gf is going to check for uti?
Think he posted without it but a mod fixed it.
princess_sue
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Downesey)
ooo because miraculously its changed to anon. so you know, 2 + 2 and all that!
Downesey
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by princess_sue)
ooo because miraculously its changed to anon. so you know, 2 + 2 and all that!
Ok my bad, ddnt know mods could do that. I thought u meant he had made himself obvious, sorry :-P
Thomas McDowall
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no i posted anon... ? haha idk what that conversation was about... but anyway, the update is that she went to gp today and it is UTI, 10 days of antibiotics and lots of cranberry juice thank you all!
Thomas McDowall
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no i posted anon... ? haha idk what that conversation was about... but anyway, the update is that she went to gp today and it is UTI, 10 days of antibiotics and lots of cranberry juice thank you all!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (260)
38.86%
No - but I will (46)
6.88%
No - I don't want to (49)
7.32%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (314)
46.94%

Watched Threads