Any Oxford Brookes Info? Watch

Je3y
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi guys,

Anyone here go to Oxford Brookes?
What grades did you end up getting for Alevel? And also what were your predicted grades? Is it balanced in terms of art and science?

I have heard lots of great things about this university... but am still considering it.. I am also thinking of UCL, SHEFFIELD and maybe Bath.
Quiller
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
mate! how many threads do you want to start? the answer to this and many other questions are found with the 'search' function. Most of your questions have been answered already.
scraceus999
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nearly all candidates would have got AAB. Predicted grades would range between all schools and colleges, so these wont help you. It is balanced yes, and also uses CAD a lot. Sheffield is balanced, bath is very sciencey/ technical, and UCL is very arty at the other end of the spectrum.
RocketTown
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i dont mean to sound rude scraceus999, but how the hell do you know what each school is like? you've posted like that in a lot of threads but i just thought i'd point it out now because as far as i'm aware you've only just finished your AS levels, so should have no idea whatsoever of how each school is run, whether a school is balanced or which ones are arty etc. Unless.... you're simply being helpful whilst using info that others have given on here, in which case you've gotta stop posting it as if its facts that you know for definite.

sorry for the rant, i'm in a bad mood
9mm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Je3y, order a LOT of prospectuses from the unies you're considering or might consider. You'll find that a lot of answers to your questions are there. Start ordering them now. : )

I've been to Oxford brookes, seen some work, studios etc. and I have to say, I was impressed, with the overall work, although some of it I wasn't too fond of, and I didn't particularly enjoy the first year work, but I'd say (without sounding cliche) it's neither too conceptual or technical. One of the first year tutors confirmed this.

OB will lower their grade boundary (to perhaps ABB) if they feel you presented a very good portfolio of work or stand out in a way that they really want you. But generally speaking, it's usually AAB, and as with most unies, if you don't get those grades, then you don't get the place (though it will obviously depend as well on how many other students met their offer and how many offers were given out).
scraceus999
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
RocketTown, I have just been to about ten open days and have acquired this info from there plus talking to students there already. I have been doing my research, i wouldnt just spill out a whole load of information that i dont even know is true or not, how stupid would that be!
The only things i have said are what anyone can find out by emailing the universities or asking the staff there when visiting, which is what ive done. I can understand your point, but honestly i am only saying what i DO know from reliable sources.

and no worries, we all have rainy days
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads