ATTENTION all who have done a saturday driving test! Watch

jaw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I have just got a letter though, meaning that due to a change in legislation and improvements to the service, bookings made since 1November 2005, may have been ''unintentionally'' charged at a higher rate - which shouldn't have been allowed due to the relevant regulations.

I won't go into detail (I'm in a bit of a rush!), but the relevant legislation has now been changed so that the premium fee can now be charged, so, if you have paid an increased price for a test on a saturday between now and 1Nov 2005, contact the DVLA, as you may be worthy of a partial refund to the sum of the difference, for each test not given a refund (ie. for being called off due to snow).

It's not like the DVLA to give money very often, so enjoy!

I don't doubt that they'll neglect to tell a select few, so I thought I'd post it up
gefmongoose
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I took a Sunday test and it cost £10 more than a standard day. Pity Sunday isn't included in this.
Lara C.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
how much of a difference are we talking here?
jaw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Lara C.)
how much of a difference are we talking here?
well when I did mine, £37-45 for a friday, £60 to £75 for a saturday depending on the location so we're talking £23 to 33 a go refunded.. if you took the test twice like I did, thats £40 to £60 back.. off the top of my head though..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (250)
39.06%
No - but I will (44)
6.88%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (299)
46.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed