Newquay! Watch

jaw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Who's going this year in any shape or form?

Gigs? fests? Generall drink ups?

I'm here working for 3 months on the construction works at NQY airport/RAF St Mawgan, and was woundering if anyone had any suggestions of good events/nights out/places to eat!

I've been exploring but can't say I know anywhere worth going alone!
suggestions??
Cat-x
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jaw)
Who's going this year in any shape or form?

Gigs? fests? Generall drink ups?

I'm here working for 3 months on the construction works at NQY airport/RAF St Mawgan, and was woundering if anyone had any suggestions of good events/nights out/places to eat!

I've been exploring but can't say I know anywhere worth going alone!
suggestions??

i've just got back from a fantastic week in newquay with friends! i want to go back now

lots going on over this summer !

-surf relief at watergate bay 25th and 26th july i think
-ripcurl boardmasters at fistral 4th-7th aug.
-unleashed music festival at watergate bay 8th + 9th aug (this is seriosuly worth going to - last year was amazing!). line up this year is pretty good - the pigeon detectives, the zutons, the futureheads and loads more....
-the quicksilver skins at fistral in late august i think...

oh and newquay lions festival in early august

places to go, Sailors is good and right in the centre of newquay, eeer, Berties - also v.good though slightly further out of town. oh and the fort inn does the best chilie....

also bbqs on the beach are such fun - you know, the instant ones (somerfield always has loooads). in the evening beer and bbq on the beach watching the sun go down - can't really beat it!!

dont know if any of this is any help at all, but at this time of year theres always something going on!

have fun
jaw
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cat-x)
i've just got back from a fantastic week in newquay with friends! i want to go back now

lots going on over this summer !

-surf relief at watergate bay 25th and 26th july i think
-ripcurl boardmasters at fistral 4th-7th aug.
-unleashed music festival at watergate bay 8th + 9th aug (this is seriosuly worth going to - last year was amazing!). line up this year is pretty good - the pigeon detectives, the zutons, the futureheads and loads more....
-the quicksilver skins at fistral in late august i think...

oh and newquay lions festival in early august

places to go, Sailors is good and right in the centre of newquay, eeer, Berties - also v.good though slightly further out of town. oh and the fort inn does the best chilie....

also bbqs on the beach are such fun - you know, the instant ones (somerfield always has loooads). in the evening beer and bbq on the beach watching the sun go down - can't really beat it!!

dont know if any of this is any help at all, but at this time of year theres always something going on!

have fun
ahh cheers for that! will def look into some of those dates - not sure how busy monday nights are, especially with the weather, but I'm off to sailor's tonight for a try!
Emily17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cat you are so lucky you had good weather. I got back on sunday having arrived on thursday. It rained continuously on friday and saturday and was so miserable because we didn't even get to go in the sea. Plus I went all the way down there (7hrs 4 trains each way) to see Jack Johnson and it was cancelled cos of the weather!

Anyway, places to eat.. Senor ****'s was good and I heard a place called Fistral Blue was lovely. Didn't like Bertie's that much I thought entry was overpriced. And Barracuda bar looked good but I didnt have a chance to get in. Not much help but I hope you have a good time..
jaw
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emily17)
Cat you are so lucky you had good weather. I got back on sunday having arrived on thursday. It rained continuously on friday and saturday and was so miserable because we didn't even get to go in the sea. Plus I went all the way down there (7hrs 4 trains each way) to see Jack Johnson and it was cancelled cos of the weather!

Anyway, places to eat.. Senor ****'s was good and I heard a place called Fistral Blue was lovely. Didn't like Bertie's that much I thought entry was overpriced. And Barracuda bar looked good but I didnt have a chance to get in. Not much help but I hope you have a good time..
thanks, I'll look into those too! That sucks with your weather, I was going to stay down here and see jack johnson as a friend had tickets, pretty glad I didnt bother though! It's starting to brighten up a bit today though by the looks of it!
dressitup
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well I already live down here in Cornwall, so no doubt I'll be going there lots for the beach when the sun decides to show! But I'm going to Ripcurl Boardmasters festival in Newquay in August! So if there are tickets still available, I'll def recommend going to that!

Also there are loads of clubs in Newquay too! So really take your pick!

Hope you have a great time!
h82think
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm going to Newquay on Tuesday
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (206)
40.08%
No - but I will (31)
6.03%
No - I don't want to (35)
6.81%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (242)
47.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise