simmers
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
im really struggling with science, so does anyone have any revision tips that could help?
netflixbabe
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Revise even when there is no test or quiz
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by simmers)
im really struggling with science, so does anyone have any revision tips that could help?
Hiya,

Sorry to hear that you are struggling, studying will get easier once you get the grips of things!

The first thing I would advise to do is to print off the specification (or use the PDF version) and go through it; try to understand what the actual content is for biology, chemistry and physics. It may seem overwhelming at first but once you know it, studying should be more manageable. You can find the specification by typing this onto google and including your exam board (e.g: AQA)

Secondly, when you begin to make revision resources try to condense your knowledge. There is no point in writing everything out from a text book, it will be useless and when you begin to go through your notes you will get bored very quickly. Also use highlighters when you make these notes! When I did my GCSEs I used both flashcards and mindmaps; the mind maps were mainly for the practical's as I found it easier to condense my work down. However, this can be different for everyone!

In terms of revision resources, the main ones that are quite good include:
- Bitesize
-Seneca
-Primrose kitten which you can find on YouTube
-Free science lessons "
-CGP books
-Past papers from the exam board
-And TSR - as long as its not considered procrastination!

I hope this helps, you're welcome to PM me if you need any support or guidance with your GCSEs. Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.71%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
20%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
11.43%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.57%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
31.43%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
22.86%

Watched Threads