Alayna1234
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I AM STRESSED

SO this morning I receive an email from one of my universities I saying they didn’t receive my predicted grades, I am confused cos I’m sure my referee did. I call all my other universities and they say the same.

So I’m contacting my referee in panic and has said ucas had a TECHNICAL ISSUE and lost all my predicted grades and she’s just re-sent something again.

WTH

I don’t want to leave it chance so I emailed all my universities emails to my referee and the format to use when sending predicted grades as such.

She hasn’t replied.

I’ve called ucas multiple times and they say they’re closed even though it’s 12pm on a Tuesday.

I’ve sent a DM too.

Long story short, I want to kms
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
UCAS don't "lose" predictions because of technical problems. Your referee didn't enter them in the right place (or you didn't list your pending qualifications correctly and so there was no option presented to your referee to enter them).

There's no way to amend the reference after your application has been sent to universities. If universities need predicted grades then they'll contact you or your referee directly to request them. Most universities do not use predicted grades.

UCAS are not closed - are you calling the right number? Although UCAS can't help with this - they don't allow amendments to your reference after your application has been processed.

There's no need to panic.
Alayna1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
UCAS don't "lose" predictions because of technical problems. Your referee didn't enter them in the right place (or you didn't list your pending qualifications correctly and so there was no option presented to your referee to enter them).

There's no way to amend the reference after your application has been sent to universities. If universities need predicted grades then they'll contact you or your referee directly to request them. Most universities do not use predicted grades.

UCAS are not closed - are you calling the right number? Although UCAS can't help with this - they don't allow amendments to your reference after your application has been processed.

There's no need to panic.
No, UCAS literally emailed me, and dmed me this.

They DID lose predicted grades due to a technical issue.

They replied a few hours ago. They said they’ve re-contacted many students referees again to recover the predicted grades.

Most universities don’t use predicted grades? Yes they do? Lol that’s an important part of your application.

But I’m not panicked anymore, just a little.

UCAS are saying they’re sorting it out, I’ve got my referee to directly email my predicted grades just in case.

Waiting till tomorrow to call my universities to double heck they’ve got it.
rugbrødmedfløde
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This happened to me too! UCAS both emailed my referee and one of my universities emailed me as well - I had no idea. My referee had to send in my predicted grades to all of my individual universities, but UCAS also emailed saying that the predicted would be attached to may application as well.
Alayna1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by rugbrødmedfløde)
This happened to me too! UCAS both emailed my referee and one of my universities emailed me as well - I had no idea. My referee had to send in my predicted grades to all of my individual universities, but UCAS also emailed saying that the predicted would be attached to may application as well.
I hope so, this is stressful tbh.

I’ve had another problem with my application I’m resitting full a levels this year but it’s been put as AS levels, so I’m even more stressed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (674)
33.67%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (852)
42.56%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.23%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.55%

Watched Threads