Novice Watch

JamesBowater
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Alright guys?

I've always been skinny, like underweight, and it never really used to bother me.

But as ive got older i've started to want to bulk up a bit. I've being eating a lot more then i used to do and i have put on quite a bit of weight. I have mostly covered u my sticky outy ribs and feel better for it but i got a bit of a tum now, and in other bits im still skiny. I think i'm at the point i need to build some muscle rather than just fat.

I did go to a gym with a mate whos bigger built then me, but everyone just kinda stared and was like "what the chuff is a rant doing in here?"... and even if they wheren't i felt they where so i would feel really self conscious going to a gym untill im at least a more reasonable size.

What can i do at home, what should i buy, eat and all the rest to get towards my goal? I'm completely new to it all really so make sure you fully explain stuff, treat my like an fool.

Thanks
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you post in the fitness forum you will prob get more replies
minim
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well,

I'm kind of in the same situation. I bought a couple of dumbells, a powerball and a cross trainer to use at home instead of going to the gym. I've never really noticed people staring at me at the gym because I have less muscle than the rest although it is David Lloyds. But it's actually simply more convenient for me to use this kind of apparatus.

So if you can, buy some equipment you could use at home!

By the way, how did you manage to put on the extra weight? I'm looking to do that as well but it just doesn't seem to happen. I eat meat every day, good breakfast, lunch and dinner and at least 4 pieces of bread (1 or 2 with peanut butter) between meals + fruit and milk. And I just don't seem to get any heavier...
JamesBowater
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I did somethin similar to that really, just added more carbs to my meals, ate bigger portions, ate between meals... but i as quite underweight before, now im just a bit underweight, so because i was pretty underweight it might have been easy for me to put the weight on. I still eat the same now and have stopped gaining weight, maybe because im a more healthy weight
Lara C.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
this just makes it worse.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads