username5012070
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi all, I am a new user to this site and found it very useful as many people come from same situation as myself or perhaps nearly..

Im wondering whether anyone could shed More light to me on my situation please! I’m currently under going pre employment checks, which I really want.

I provided all the online forms they requested including three year employment history. My questions are: which type of information/reference check does the civil service collect or is just factual information? E.g dates and job title, my other question is because I’ve had a career gap during the last three years, which I have stated a reason why, am I ok to provide an character reference during my career gap?

Thanks
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by username5012070)
Hi all, I am a new user to this site and found it very useful as many people come from same situation as myself or perhaps nearly..

Im wondering whether anyone could shed More light to me on my situation please! I’m currently under going pre employment checks, which I really want.

I provided all the online forms they requested including three year employment history. My questions are: which type of information/reference check does the civil service collect or is just factual information? E.g dates and job title, my other question is because I’ve had a career gap during the last three years, which I have stated a reason why, am I ok to provide an character reference during my career gap?

Thanks
https://assets.publishing.service.go...ening_v1_2.pdf

Read this and if it doesnt answer your question then ask again and explain why.

Reference should be fine even if in career gap if it states it needs to be within 3 years.
Sonia_3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can the reference be from your cousin if you don’t know anyone else who works in any of them roles?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (81)
18.49%
Labour (183)
41.78%
Liberal Democrats (88)
20.09%
Green Party (33)
7.53%
Brexit Party (15)
3.42%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.37%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.14%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)