Nose piercing bump

Watch
TheKitty.x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I got my piercing at claire's on late June, therefore its been 4 months only.. I keep on getting this nose bump, washing with claire's solution isn't helping me at all. A week after the piercing, I had to use that silicon retainer since I joined a new job and my work place didn't allow piercing. I kept that silicon for 1 month, (I still kept of getting nose bumps). Now I had used my original piercing (which is made of titanium I believe) but I keep of getting nose bumps. I noted that my piercing has discoloured when it was been removed within that 1 month. I'm unsure if that the reason.
Should I change my jewellery, or should I do for a gold plated jewellery? What should I do?
htmr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i’ve had mine pierced for about 9 months and up until a couple months ago i was constantly getting bumps. the only way i could get rid of them was to bathe the piercing in warm water with half a teaspoon of rock salt, a couple of times a day for a couple of minutes at a time. tea tree oil is supposed to help too, but i never tried it. eventually they just stopped appearing. nose piercings aren’t supposed to heal for 6 months minimum anyway, i think it’s normal so don’t worry
TheKitty.x
Rep:
?
(Original post by htmr)
i’ve had mine pierced for about 9 months and up until a couple months ago i was constantly getting bumps. the only way i could get rid of them was to bathe the piercing in warm water with half a teaspoon of rock salt, a couple of times a day for a couple of minutes at a time. tea tree oil is supposed to help too, but i never tried it. eventually they just stopped appearing. nose piercings aren’t supposed to heal for 6 months minimum anyway, i think it’s normal so don’t worry
Thanks for your response! I've been doing this with normal seasalt because I don't have rock salts. It helps to dry that bump.. but it keeps on coming back, is that normal?
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Changing the jewelery and the use of silicon have prevented/set back the healing process. Soak it once a day to reduce bumps but otherwise avoiding touching it. Don't change the jewellery again you're just going to reopen the wound. Titanium is fine for healing and is often recommended for people with sensitivity/allergies.
Last edited by sinfonietta; 1 year ago
htmr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheKitty.x)
Thanks for your response! I've been doing this with normal seasalt because I don't have rock salts. It helps to dry that bump.. but it keeps on coming back, is that normal?
i'd say it is normal, like they said above its not great to keep changing the piercing but i did anyway and it was fine eventually lmao. mine would come back as soon as i got rid of it every time until once it just didn't haha. i'd just say keep soaking the piercing and if you keep changing it then it'll just take a little longer to heal. maybe if its still there after its been 6 months go see your piercer about it
TheKitty.x
Rep:
?
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Changing the jewelery and the use of silicon have prevented/set back the healing process. Soak it once a day to reduce bumps but otherwise avoiding touching it. Don't change the jewellery again you're just going to reopen the wound. Titanium is fine for healing and is often recommended for people with sensitivity/allergies.
I noticed that my stud has been discoloured when I put it after a month after I removed the silicon (I don't know why or how). Is that another cause for receiving nose bumps like causing any allergies?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (167)
58.8%
I don't have everything I need (117)
41.2%

Watched Threads