Bit confused?? Watch

thegoodkind
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Quite a few people from my sixth form are going to Lancaster uni and I know of people that are picking the same choices of accommodation as myself.
Do Lancaster tend to put people from the same place together? Cos not to be anti-social or anything :p: , I really want to live with new people and not just with the people I've been with for the last two or more years if you get me????
RHShipper
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
It depends really, if you all apply for the same college and the same type of accom you're more likely to end up close together than if you choose different colleges and diff types of accom. Just going for the same type (ensuite/standard) shouldn't have too much effect.

Unless you request to be near to them I can't see you being in the same flat as them. Not on purpose, just because its pretty unlikley My experience is that its pretty spread out.
thegoodkind
(Original post by RHShipper)
It depends really, if you all apply for the same college and the same type of accom you're more likely to end up close together than if you choose different colleges and diff types of accom. Just going for the same type (ensuite/standard) shouldn't have too much effect.

Unless you request to be near to them I can't see you being in the same flat as them. Not on purpose, just because its pretty unlikley My experience is that its pretty spread out.
We have the same type of accommodation! Argh. I mean, I love some of them to bits but I just want my own independence and stuff. God, I sound so ungrateful :rolleyes: haha

Can I just ask also, how likely is it that you get into your first choice of accom?
RHShipper
Report 10 years ago
Well it really depends on the College you choose. Last year I know loads of people who all chose furness and it ended up REALLY oversubscribed, especially since its quite small anyway, so alot of people didn't get that and got put somewhere else.

I got County, my second choice, so I wasn't too worried, but others didn't get either of their choices. Now though I wouldn't change it for the world!!! I love all our new accom and being where we are on campus

Its cool if you get your first choice college, but if you don't I wouldn't worry too much. Its a very likley you'll get the type of accom you want and once you're in your college you won't be able to imagine yourself anywhere else!

Hehehe, its not ungrateful, its just wanting to branch out a bit If you only share the type of accom, the probability of all being in the same college is possible, all in the same building is rare, all in the same flat probably nigh on impossible

It can be nice to have some familiar faces about campus when you first start though too
thegoodkind
(Original post by RHShipper)
Well it really depends on the College you choose. Last year I know loads of people who all chose furness and it ended up REALLY oversubscribed, especially since its quite small anyway, so alot of people didn't get that and got put somewhere else.

I got County, my second choice, so I wasn't too worried, but others didn't get either of their choices. Now though I wouldn't change it for the world!!! I love all our new accom and being where we are on campus

Its cool if you get your first choice college, but if you don't I wouldn't worry too much. Its a very likley you'll get the type of accom you want and once you're in your college you won't be able to imagine yourself anywhere else!

Hehehe, its not ungrateful, its just wanting to branch out a bit If you only share the type of accom, the probability of all being in the same college is possible, all in the same building is rare, all in the same flat probably nigh on impossible

It can be nice to have some familiar faces about campus when you first start though too
Thanks so much for all that! Helped a lot!
So how did you find your first year at Lancs? Look awesome! Seriously can't wait

Yeh, I can imagine having a few people there will ease me into student life but having everyone from home there will be like :eek: haha

I think I'm gonna put Lonsdale as my first but not too sure about the second yet. Mum's telling me to get a move on and choose :rolleyes:
thanette
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I picked Ranmoore halls in Sheffield-and all the other peeps from my town were put wither on my corridor, or the on below. (Didn't know them before btw)

This happened to two other people in different halls!Can't be coincidental...
BennyNye
Report 10 years ago
It's all luck of the draw really. I put furness as my first choice but got my second choice of bowland. When i moved in I found out the guy directly opposite me lived about 20 minutes away at home and now he's my best mate! The college and residences do their best with the information you give them, but ultimately it's all up to coincidence and chance!
you'll love lancaster, whichever college you're in you'll be happy you're in it!
oh and as a quick plug for bowland, our freshers calender will be going up within the next week so people can have a look at what we got coming up!!
check out http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6211482&ref=ts

ok, shameless plug over!! good luck in all your choices!
RHShipper
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thegoodkind)
Thanks so much for all that! Helped a lot!
So how did you find your first year at Lancs? Look awesome! Seriously can't wait

Yeh, I can imagine having a few people there will ease me into student life but having everyone from home there will be like :eek: haha

I think I'm gonna put Lonsdale as my first but not too sure about the second yet. Mum's telling me to get a move on and choose :rolleyes:
Glad to be of assistance First year was fun, its just like a whole year for settling in really You only have to get the min to pass and it dosen't count towards your degree Its fun ^_^ I'm sure you'll love it

See I was really lazy when I chose colleges, so I ruled out Cartmel and Lonsdale straight away as being too far from the middle of campus Which I was kinda glad of when it was pouring down Like I said before so long as you get the accom you want, the college is really neither here nor there You'll love wherever you end up I'm sure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 13 Jul '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed