The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ahhh i fancy someone that one of my best friends fancied first :frown:
i made friends with him with the intention of getting my friend to know him (she was too shy) and then i started to fall for him too....
now we're all going off to uni so i wont see him much anymore :'(
Reply 41
MintyFresh
I'm hopeless when it comes to things like this, i get to know a girl, really like her, am coward so don't make a move as to insecurity and then lose them to someone else - am currently in this situation (although all is not lost - she is still single :top: )

She's probablyw aiting for you to make the first move!!
Reply 42
Cate15
She's probablyw aiting for you to make the first move!!

Well may try tommorow night, we get along amazingly - make each other laugh, very similiar personalities but i dont know about her physical attraction to me, not sure how to read signals :s-smilie:
Yes, best friends brother, also a very close friend, parents are best friends, he doesnt seem bothered but i love him
A few people actually. Without revealing too much:-
1) A work collegue.
2) One of my best guy mates, but hes got a girlfriend.
3) A guy I'm attracted too, but I'd get aload of stick for it so just avoid the situation.
Reply 45
MintyFresh
Well may try tommorow night, we get along amazingly - make each other laugh, very similiar personalities but i dont know about her physical attraction to me, not sure how to read signals :s-smilie:

well is she all over you>
Reply 46
Yeah, this sort of nerdy girl in my corridor at uni. She doesn't go out/isn't as sociable as the rest of us but is really good looking and a mighty laugh to talk with on her own.

I'd get too much stick from my mates if I got with her though, shes REALLY shy.
I like two girls. And it is absolutely horrible.. because I know these two girls like me as well. So if I ask one out, the other one will be unhappy and i'll be unhappy as well :frown:

Maybe I should ask them both out!!! hahahahaha. See their reactions on the date!
jakeee
Yeah, this sort of nerdy girl in my corridor at uni. She doesn't go out/isn't as sociable as the rest of us but is really good looking and a mighty laugh to talk with on her own.

I'd get too much stick from my mates if I got with her though, shes REALLY shy.

Just go for it... she probably feels the same way about you. Invite her over to your flat for a movie or something and work from there. :wink:

Who cares what your friends think?
Anonymous
ahhh i fancy someone that one of my best friends fancied first :frown:
i made friends with him with the intention of getting my friend to know him (she was too shy) and then i started to fall for him too....
now we're all going off to uni so i wont see him much anymore :'(

I had a situation like that...my friend claimed him first, so the girly rules dictated that I couldn't touch him with a barge pole, although people always mistook us for a couple when they saw us...A year later, I found out he'd felt the same way...bummer...
rt
I know I do. There is a girl I like, she is my best friend so i couldn't go there again and even so she's taken. She used to like me before she went out with this lad but I said there was no point at the time. Meh!!

Any stories of your own to share?!

I was good friends with a girl from school for a number of years, there were times when she was single during our friendship but I never made a move. I did hint at it a couple of times but she never took me on. I didn't want loose the friendship I had with her. We're not even in touch anymore, we never fell out or anything, just think it's natures natural progression. I'm not in touch with anyone from school anymore. I still think about her from time to time...
Been there done that!!. I liked a guy who I couldnt have and I still think about him to this day. I was engaged to someone else at the time but it was clear that this other fella liked me too and he was really hot. I often have "what if" moments where I wish I had done something. I had to leave him in a different country ( even though he is English) and I went to see him on the day I left and said to him " You know if I wasnt engaged , I"d be with you",gave him hug and a kiss on the cheek and left, never to see him again.:frown: . So sad.
Like. But cant.
Reply 53
Anonymous
Been there done that!!. I liked a guy who I couldnt have and I still think about him to this day. I was engaged to someone else at the time but it was clear that this other fella liked me too and he was really hot. I often have "what if" moments where I wish I had done something. I had to leave him in a different country ( even though he is English) and I went to see him on the day I left and said to him " You know if I wasnt engaged , I"d be with you",gave him hug and a kiss on the cheek and left, never to see him again.:frown: . So sad.

Why did you engage this new guy if you had strong feelings for someone else??
my ex-boyfriend. he doesnt want me anymore but i want him more than anyone and anything in the whole world.
i like my best mate but tbh they've said in a round-about way that im not their type but they fancy my OTHER best mate... lol talk about complicated! :frown:
Reply 56
I love Seanisonfire but sadly he's into boys :frown:
shiver333
this is probably gonna sound weird but i totally fell for someone i met online but he lives in the US AND he's probably not interested anyway. can't seem to get over it tho :frown:

ditto that, only he doesn't live in the US :frown:
And I treated him awfully aswell and am so angry with myself!
Yep, he's taken, quite a bit older than me and has no idea I like him. :frown:
Reply 59
blondyx
Why did you engage this new guy if you had strong feelings for someone else??

Perhaps Anon was engaged to the first bloke before she met the second one??.

Latest

Trending

Trending