A level Predicted grades Watch

MrMat18
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey, we all get pedicted grades, which are sent off to the boards a few weeks before we take our exams. Do these actually impact what mark you get at all, or are they merely jsut a formality?
Ed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Only if for some reason you are un-able to sit the exam.
secretmessages
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
They don't affect your marks, no. If you're too ill to complete most of your exams then they may take predicted grades into account.
W0bble
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They shouldn't affect how it is marked!

But if you can't take the exam, because of illness/being strnaded on the moon (NOT I didn't feel too good illness) I think you get given your predicted grade.

And you have something to wave at the unis if you screw up an exam...
English lit geek
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wouldn't worry about your predicted gardes at all, it's only what you might get, not what you will get. Soon as you sit your exams your predicted grades don't matter. They are mainly there so you do better than your predicted grades.
jkyng1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol. i wish predicted grades are what we will get.
MrMat18
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ah i see. I asked because I was predicted BBB an i only need CCD to get into uni. So was wondering how it might affect grades as copule of my exams didnt go so well..
Gooner
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
According to a few of my teachers, schools have to fill them in to give principal examiners an idea of where to set the grade boundaries when the papers are marked. For example, there may have been 25% of people predicted to get As in a given paper, yet in correlation with previous years' grade boundaries, only 10% may have gotten them. This helps the exam boards (to a very small extent) see where the grade boundaries should lie. Also, if there's a huge gap with your grade in a particular paper (say you were predicted As in all your modules, but you came out with Us in some of them) the exam boards can pin point who you are and check that your exam has been marked in the correct way etc.
jkyng1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oh that's good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.82%
No - but I will (114)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (102)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.36%

Watched Threads