The Student Room Group

Notts for law

So I’ve started year 12 and am considering doing law in the future. I was wondering if Nottingham or Manchester would accept me with really average GCSEs. I got 8,7,7,7,6,6,5,5,4,D and I’ve heard Russell groups can be picky. Also I’m a bit weaker at one of my A levels so would I be able to get in with A*,A,B rather than their standard offer of three As?
Check if you would be considered under Manchester’s widening particiption criteria because if you are then they may take A*AB. Both unis could potentially still offer you a place but i wouldnt bank on this. Hope this helps!
Original post by therealFelixS
So I’ve started year 12 and am considering doing law in the future. I was wondering if Nottingham or Manchester would accept me with really average GCSEs. I got 8,7,7,7,6,6,5,5,4,D and I’ve heard Russell groups can be picky. Also I’m a bit weaker at one of my A levels so would I be able to get in with A*,A,B rather than their standard offer of three As?

I think your GCSEs are fine, it is more the B at A level that could hurt your chances. But you apply to 5 unis anyway, so you can apply to some safer choices too and see what happens
Same here. What happened to the A*AA/AAA standard for law at a decent uni?
i had very average gcse grades, but high in the ones that were relevant to law. i am predicted 3 a grades and applied for law at university of Manchester and i got an offer through today.
gcses evidently aren't that important
(very sorry, my caps lock button is broken)
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending