coolusername_03
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi all,

I'm struggling to revise AQA GCSE history. The topics my school chose are:
-PAPER 1/section A option B-Germany, 1890-1945: Democracy and dictatorship
-PAPER 1/section B option B-Conflict and tension: the inter-war years, 1918-1939
-PAPER 2/section A option C-Britain: Migration, empires and the people, c.790
-PAPER2/section B option B - Medieval England: the reign of Edward I, 1272-1307
I would really appreciate tips for essay writing, especially for the 8- and 12-markers.

Thank You.
xxlaila03xx
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm really sorry I did not do AQA or any of those topics.
Could you please tell me what questions you get asked, maybe they're similar to Edexcel and I can help you
coolusername_03
Rep:
?
(Original post by xxlaila03xx)
I'm really sorry I did not do AQA or any of those topics.
Could you please tell me what questions you get asked, maybe they're similar to Edexcel and I can help you
Oh no, no worries, if you look at the past papers, you'll get an idea of what the questions are like:

https://revisionworld.com/a2-level-l...ry-past-papers
xxlaila03xx
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by coolusername_03)
Oh no, no worries, if you look at the past papers, you'll get an idea of what the questions are like:

https://revisionworld.com/a2-level-l...ry-past-papers
right ok one second then
roseabates
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi all,

-PAPER 1/section B option B-Conflict and tension: the inter-war years, 1918-1939
I would really appreciate tips for essay writing, especially for the 8- and 12-markers.

Thank You.
For Germany and conflict there are some really good revision videos on YouTube. I would really recommend the Revision Guy-de! Also I find making mindmaps/lists of the successes and failures of policies or events quite useful as they are often used as context or evidence in essays. Also, making a timeline of everything in your exams can help you to logically order them in your mind which took me a while but was very useful! Finally, learning some statistics and figures is useful to use in all questions even if you only have one or two per topic such as West Germany’s income per capita rising by 8% a year.
Are you taking your GCSEs this year? X
Greywolftwo
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi all,

Thank You.
Well I did the Germany: interwar years unit and conflict and tension
Kat1233
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I also did the interwar years and conflict and tension with AQA. For the 8 markers, you literally have to write an account. You basically have to 'tell the story' of whatever the question is asking you about - it's just a matter of memorising key events. For the one that's 12 marks, they give you two factors you need to assess e.g. what the most important reason was for why the Weimar Republic was in danger - economic or political problems. You'd argue for why economic problems were more significant on the one hand, then political on the other (approx. two points for each). Then you would write a conclusion in which you would decide which factor was more important. Hope this helps!
000_0000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi all,

Thank You.
woah i do completly different topics and i do aqa
coolusername_03
Rep:
?
(Original post by roseabates)
For Germany and conflict there are some really good revision videos on YouTube. I would really recommend the Revision Guy-de! Also I find making mindmaps/lists of the successes and failures of policies or events quite useful as they are often used as context or evidence in essays. Also, making a timeline of everything in your exams can help you to logically order them in your mind which took me a while but was very useful! Finally, learning some statistics and figures is useful to use in all questions even if you only have one or two per topic such as West Germany’s income per capita rising by 8% a year.
Are you taking your GCSEs this year? X
Yeah, (unfortunately) I am taking GCSEs this year so everything's a bit overwhelming but I'm managing ok i guess, also thank you a ton for the advices!
coolusername_03
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kat1233)
I also did the interwar years and conflict and tension with AQA. For the 8 markers, you literally have to write an account. You basically have to 'tell the story' of whatever the question is asking you about - it's just a matter of memorising key events. For the one that's 12 marks, they give you two factors you need to assess e.g. what the most important reason was for why the Weimar Republic was in danger - economic or political problems. You'd argue for why economic problems were more significant on the one hand, then political on the other (approx. two points for each). Then you would write a conclusion in which you would decide which factor was more important. Hope this helps!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read and respond! Damn, I'm learning so much more than I could in a history lesson bruhh
coolusername_03
Rep:
?
(Original post by 000_0000)
woah i do completly different topics and i do aqa
I think that's because different schools pick any 4 topics they like which would be why mine would be different to yours. I really wish we'd learnt the medicine in history topic-that would've been so much fun!
000_0000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I think that's because different schools pick any 4 topics they like which would be why mine would be different to yours. I really wish we'd learnt the medicine in history topic-that would've been so much fun!
i am doing:
-britan:health and the people
-america: expantion and cosolidation
-confilct and tenstion in asia
-elizabethen england
i like the asia topic the best tho
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (99)
49.5%
No (101)
50.5%

Watched Threads