Good halls? Watch

Carlo08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I am thinking of putting opal house and weston hall as my choices but looking for oppinions on both of these and any others. I dont really want to live in fallowfields as its miles away and i have friends there so i can always go and visit for the parties...

Im looking at the city campus .... What is the atmosphere there like? is it really quiet?
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Fallowfield is not "miles away", they would not put the majority of the freshers lot there if it was.

City Campus is quieter yes, but there's still a fair bit going on. Whereever you live you're going to have a decent amount of people around, it's the effort that you make that decides how well it goes.
Carlo08
Rep:
?
I think i will put

Weston - 1
Whitworth 2
Richmond - 3

Are these good halls? Whcih one am i most likely to get? and am i defo going to get one of them?
Pheonixx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i went to grosvenor last year, great halls, we pretty much set the pace for the other halls in the area.
the_mars_volta
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Carlo08)
I think i will put

Weston - 1
Whitworth 2
Richmond - 3

Are these good halls? Whcih one am i most likely to get? and am i defo going to get one of them?
I think Weston is bad - too expensive for what it is and too quiet. Whitworth Park is excellent. Richmond Park is a complete rip off, and it's extremely popular because it looks new, so you won't get it if you put it 3rd. Still, it's the people, not the place, I suppose. I think Whitworth Park is great, very large and the bar is always busy.
Ava_Rice
Report 10 years ago
I didn't choose Fallowfield in my first year because I thought it looked too far away but it's really not. There are so many buses it's insane. I really really wish I'd stayed in Oak House, OP is very sociable and you have the Bop right on your doorstep, and great nightlife in general.

Out of your choices thought I'd say Whitworth Park. Really popular with first years and great location.
Carlo08
Rep:
?
But it looks like a prison :s i just seen a vid of it and its jut a row of rooms i immagined them in little flats with a lounge, rooms and kitchen ... (like in hollyoaks...) are any like this?
Ava_Rice
Report 10 years ago
Is that a reply to me?

Most self-catering halls are in apartments with a lounge/kitchen. The only ones I've seen that are a long corridor have been the catered ones and they're still very sociable as you're living with loads of people. The thing is, I lived in really nice private halls this year, just me and two other girls in an apartment, and I hated it. It was quite insular so I hardly met anyone, which ruined the year for me. I really wish I was in first year again so I could live somewhere like Oak House. Yea, the decor isn't as pretty but everyone I've spoken to has had a great time living there. Same with Whitworth Park, because there's about 6-8 people to a flat you're guaranteed to get on with someone.

I suppose it depends what you're looing for. If you want a nice quiet time or if you want to live the student life and party for a year. Of course it's not just down to where you live, but it helps.

End rant lol
Carlo08
Rep:
?
So whitworth is in flats?

is this vid not whitworth then? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-bFRwvwFm8
Ava_Rice
Report 10 years ago
Yea, I guess that's one of the 8 room flats. It's been refurbished pretty recently though. All I can say is that all the people I know who lived there this year liked it (except one and that's cos she got stuck with a load of 3rd years so she moved).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.84%
No - but I will (98)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.92%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (604)
47.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed