abbiewilko15
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Is accomodation at the University of Manchester allocated on a first come first served basis? A student at the University told me it was but I am unsure whether this is actually true as it seems really unfair. Also, is it true you put down your accomodation choices in no particular order? If these are both true I feel like they should really reconsider how they allocate accommodation...

Anybody who has been through the process of choosing accomodation at Manchester can you please let me know your experience
UoM_Student Ambassadors
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi!

Although you are encouraged to apply for accommodation as soon as possible, it is not allocated on a first come first serve basis and all applications from people getting their results in August will be treated the same up to results day. The preference order you place your accommodation in is a guide for people reviewing your application, however due to a large number of applications it is not guaranteed you will get your first place option. Here is a link to the accommodation guarantee.

I hope this helps!

~Joe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Fri, 19 Jun '20
    Sat, 20 Jun '20
    Sat, 3 Oct '20

Do you get study leave?