work experience/job Watch

rafer88
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
hello,

I am a student at ucl and have finished my frist year of biomedical sciences. i am having alot of difficulties finding a job. but i have decided to do some work expereiece at a hospital and they told me tht i have to do one shift every week for a year., and i have also applied for some admin experience at a charity organistion and they told me tht i have to be commited for 6 months and have to do it once a week as well for a few hours. now the question is tht if i dont get a paid job this summer (hopefully not but am trying my best) would it be good if i do get some experience done in admin and also get some hospital sort of experience insated of wasting time and then next year i could apply for internships etc with more experience. would i have a chance of geting a place for internships or would i be at a disadvantage of not having done a paid job. But i will be looking for a part time job as well thruout the year but if i dont get one, would i be at a disadvantge of only have gotten some experience without getting paid.

Please help anybody.

Thank you
erica123
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rafer88)
hello,

I am a student at ucl and have finished my frist year of biomedical sciences. i am having alot of difficulties finding a job. but i have decided to do some work expereiece at a hospital and they told me tht i have to do one shift every week for a year., and i have also applied for some admin experience at a charity organistion and they told me tht i have to be commited for 6 months and have to do it once a week as well for a few hours. now the question is tht if i dont get a paid job this summer (hopefully not but am trying my best) would it be good if i do get some experience done in admin and also get some hospital sort of experience insated of wasting time and then next year i could apply for internships etc with more experience. would i have a chance of geting a place for internships or would i be at a disadvantage of not having done a paid job. But i will be looking for a part time job as well thruout the year but if i dont get one, would i be at a disadvantge of only have gotten some experience without getting paid.

Please help anybody.

Thank you
hey rafer- i think that's a great idea doing voluntary work at the hospital- a great experience which im sure will be viewed positively be employers offering internships, as well as rewarding knowing that you will be helping people.
best of luck with everything
rafer88
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
yes thank you..but the thought of not being able to get a paid job is bugging me for a few weeks now..and i have tried so hard to get one but nor working...hopefully getting some work expereience at a hospital and some admin experience will be beneifical later on..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (355)
37.57%
No - but I will (74)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (66)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (450)
47.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise