Last Choir Standing Watch

Candescence
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Has anybody else been watching the audition/application videos? I read that my school sixth form choir had entered so thought i'd see if their video was up but it's not, they're through to the final 60 though

Only Men Aloud have my favourite song choices so far. What does everyone else think? If anyone else has actually had a look.
ArchedEdge
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just watched the one that was on a couple of hours ago

Thought it was really good

I wish my school had a choir that wasn't so traditional and was more...modern :p:
baby_emmy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I saw some on Richard & Judy the other day, can't remember who they were though! The male one was awesome, did pussycat dolls

-x-
evil groove
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Really enjoyed this show tonight...something good on the television set, for once! [/old woman]
Blue Rose
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by evil groove)
Really enjoyed this show tonight...something good on the television set, for once! [/old woman]
:ditto:
k823127
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The Filey Fisherman's choir sang at my uncle's wedding a few years back, they were awesome should of got through.

But that gospel group, the one with the male vocalist were amazing! Sang Rule the World.
sonicboooom
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I thought Only Men Aloud were one of the best, and the gospel choir with the male and female solos. I hated the women that directed the choir in dresses, and I didn't think the birmingham choir should have gone through in the end.
Candescence
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Look out for Common Room Choir next week, i dunno if they'll be on but i saw them celebrating at he end of tonight's show so they must have made the callbacks
ArchedEdge
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think their last 15 choir choice was ridiculous.

Put through some awful choirs, and missed out on way better ones.

Such as Out Of The Blue.
fener_kiz
Report 10 years ago
Just watching this at the moment, but I think that a lot of them are just solo singers with backing singers. Thats not a choir! :'(

ok, the judges have just said that :P
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Myleene Klass is wel fit.
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fener_kiz)
Just watching this at the moment, but I think that a lot of them are just solo singers with backing singers. Thats not a choir! :'(

ok, the judges have just said that :P
I thought that as well, however ACM stand out the best for me.
Poshtotty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I really liked Hear Me Now (I think that's their name?). I only managed to watch the highlights from their first song but I watched the second song and I really enjoyed it.

I think Last Choir Standing is a great programme and it will make people see that choirs aren't just for religious people in churches. Choirs will become more popular after this, the same as ballroom dancing becoming popular thanks to Strictly Come Dancing.
Taemon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh dear... I really thought Sense of Sound deserved to go through rather than Revelations. Their song was pretty technically difficult, and very well sung. It seemed that good TV one through over excellent singing...

Still... Bath Male Choir FTW!
ArchedEdge
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bath male choir were awful on their performances!

If any choir should've left it was definitely them
Taemon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Meh... I have something of a penchant for Male Choir singing... presumably because I sing in one...
ArchedEdge
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As do I :p:

But the Welsh choir, Only Men Aloud! are much better.

City of Bath choir were poor in yesterday's show, they didn't sound unified as one choir at all.
Taemon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No... their consonants were all out; there were "s"s and "c"s everywhere!

Only Men Aloud are pretty amazing - if there's any justice in this competition they'll win outright. Although I thought that the Oxford choir, Last Minute, where pretty amazing, and they didn't make it to the final six.
ArchedEdge
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Taemon)
No... their consonants were all out; there were "s"s and "c"s everywhere!

Only Men Aloud are pretty amazing - if there's any justice in this competition they'll win outright. Although I thought that the Oxford choir, Last Minute, where pretty amazing, and they didn't make it to the final six.
Last Minute didn't make it probably because they're from Oxford. The judges probably thought that as they're from Oxford the public would see them as upper-class snobs etc, and as such didn't put them through

But have you heard of Out of The Blue? Much better than Last Minute, who're basically a copycat choir but nowhere near as good.
Taemon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have heard of Out of the Blue, and it took me a while to realise where... but they were on "The Slammer" a few months ago... :o:

They were pretty incredible.

And for the record, the slammer is a fine example of televisual brilliance...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed