haven’t heard anything back after primark interview Watch

milliehrrs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
i had my interview last Wednesday and still haven’t heard anything. is it worth phoning up? do you think this means i haven’t got the job? and if so do you think there is anything i could say to change their minds?
AdamCee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by milliehrrs)
i had my interview last Wednesday and still haven’t heard anything. is it worth phoning up? do you think this means i haven’t got the job? and if so do you think there is anything i could say to change their minds?
I can't speak directly for Primark but I've had numerous retail jobs over the years (plus recruited for a supermarket before)

In short: 1) nope 2) nope 3) nope

It can often take anything from a few days even to a month to hear back. It sucks but it happens. Just got to wait and see. Not all companys will tell you if you've been rejected but most would.

Once the interview is done, there isn't really anything you can do to change the outcome unfortunately. Calling wouldn't change much.

Phoning up to ask when you will hear back isn't necessarily a bad idea, but it won't speed up the process or anything. In my experience the managers have a process to follow through head office and admin colleagues before actually offering the job.
Vexper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Keep applying for elsewhere, never dwell, especially if you're not advised back that you'll hear of the outcome by a certain date.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (17)
77.27%
No I haven't decided yet (2)
9.09%
Yes but I might change my mind (3)
13.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed