Application for Msc Accounting & Finance 2020 - International Student

Watch
adnan1912
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am an ACCA Member with Bsc from OBU. I have applied to different renditions of msc in accounting and finance at Loughborough university, U of Strathclyde, U of Aberdeen and U of Dundee.
I also applied to Queen’s Belfast but figured that school is more famous amongst Science students. What is the best option? All alumni I talked to praise these universities. I’ve been told I should opt for Scottish Universities and that Aberdeen’s amazing and so is Strathclyde. Loughborough is really popular amongst finance students.
What is a good option amongst these universities?
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by adnan1912)
I am an ACCA Member with Bsc from OBU. I have applied to different renditions of msc in accounting and finance at Loughborough university, U of Strathclyde, U of Aberdeen and U of Dundee.
I also applied to Queen’s Belfast but figured that school is more famous amongst Science students. What is the best option? All alumni I talked to praise these universities. I’ve been told I should opt for Scottish Universities and that Aberdeen’s amazing and so is Strathclyde. Loughborough is really popular amongst finance students.
Why do you want to do an msc in accounting and finance? Why not do the UCL online one linked with ACCA which would be far cheaper and quicker.
adnan1912
Rep:
?
Because i need international exposure to grow and want to attend a university and experience the life. Acca and Bsc from OBU are both something I did on my own and online and everyone can figure that out so in order to stand out, one needs to take a step further. Msc is a step ahead no matter what and a way to enter a market. UK is an ideal place for ACCAs. I haven’t only applied for accounting and finance, I have applied for finance and management as well. The courses are not at all what i have studied in acca. They are clearly advanced. Also, the degree from UCL seems a pretty easy and an obvious step to take so I am not really interested in it.
Last edited by adnan1912; 1 year ago
adnan1912
Rep:
?
Because i need international exposure to grow and want to attend a university and experience the life. Acca and Bsc from OBu are both something I did on my own and online and everyone can figure that out so in order to stand out, one needs to take a step further. Msc is a step ahead no matter what and a way to enter a market. Uk is an ideal place for ACCAs. i haven’t only applied for accounting and finance, i have applied for finance and management as well. The courses are not at all what i have studied in acca. They are clearly advanced. Also, the degree from UCL seems a pretty easy amd an obvious step to take so I am not really interested in it
Also, I am going to only go on scholarship so I’ll be saving anyway. If nothing works, I’ll consider the degree by UOL but I am tired of doing everything online. It doesn’t seem so hardworking and the experience just goes by. I am also considering Msc Management from Queen’s Belfast for a change. Can anyone guide me how the school and course is lile? Thanks
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ah, so you are moving to the uk to study?
adnan1912
Rep:
?
That’s the plan yes. If all goes well.

(Original post by ajj2000)
Ah, so you are moving to the uk to study?
That’s the plan, yes. If all goes well.
Loughborough University
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi adnan1912,

Great to hear that you're considering Loughborough as an option to study your MSc at! Our School of Business and Economics is ranked highly and favoured amongst our international student cohort. I can't comment on the course as I myself have not studied it but can direct you to the prospectus pages for more information.

In regards to Loughborough itself though, I cannot recommend it highly enough. If this is your first time studying at a university, Loughborough would be a great place to do it as being a campus university everything is on site and easy to access. The town is only a short walk away which provides loads of opportunities to get out and enjoy university life with your flatmates. Plus, the train station is not too far away, so you can travel to Leicester or Nottingham easily enough to explore more of the UK.

Loughborough is a great option, but you have to choose what is right for yourself at the end of the day. We have a postgraduate applicants FB page you can join to speak to other prospective students and maybe get some advice from current students useful to you too.

Hope this helps and anymore queries just ask.

Best wishes,
Emily
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (4)
7.69%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.62%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.77%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
46.15%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (12)
23.08%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
1.92%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.77%

Watched Threads