Making friends Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
To explain, I've just finished my second year of university, and I've lost touch with pretty much all of my old school friends. That doesn't bother me really as I never had any really close friends in school. I went to a crap school and was always a bit of a 'nerd' - now I'm at uni where there are people I have more in common with - at university I have loads of friends.

Now I'm back in my home city over the summer and I basically just don't know how or where to meet people... All the friends I've ever had I've met through school or university etc - without that medium I don't know what to do! I have a job, but most of the people there are much older.

I live in a large city - it shouldn't be that hard! So what advice have people got for making new friends?

And I'm a guy btw if that helps with ur advice!
Ducki
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Probably a wee bit late to say this, but you could'va persuaded your uni-mates to stay at uni with you fot the summer, and have fun in the city where you are.

Why is this anon btw?
Girl♥RadioHeart
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey,

I sort of understand your point, but i'm a bit different... I have friends from school but they live in a nearby city and I don't drive so can't get to them, it's a real effort for them to get here... my other school friends are in the year below so are currently celebrating the end of exams and being young and free lol
I invited a couple of my amazing uni friends up here for a weekend and we went out into town and I bumped into LOADS of old school friends and it was great introducing them and chatting and catching up. Have you thought about doing something like this? Invite a Uni friend over and go into your city, get chatting to people, 'mingle' lol...
Other than that, join clubs, start a sports team, get a job with your own aged people... there are lots of ways to make friends..
Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads