Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
rapha
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can't help you much because I havent done a degree in Religious studies. But from reading off universities prospectus, I think you study a bit of philosophy, the history of church and christianity, the major themes of christianity and things like the influence of religion in society and development of cultures (thats religious studies and theology so, maybe if you do it in its own you may also study other religions).
anna_spanner89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I havn't done a degree, but ive done it at A-level, and i guess the degree really depends on the uni, look around and look at the modules

I LOVE it, its so interesting, i love learning about ethics, for example religous responses too medical ethics, buisness, etc Plus ethical theories such as utilitarianism, virtue theory...

and then theres responses too religous experiences, arguments for the existence of god, theres a whole realm out there..
rapha
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)
I havn't done a degree, but ive done it at A-level, and i guess the degree really depends on the uni, look around and look at the modules

I LOVE it, its so interesting, i love learning about ethics, for example religous responses too medical ethics, buisness, etc Plus ethical theories such as utilitarianism, virtue theory...

and then theres responses too religous experiences, arguments for the existence of god, theres a whole realm out there..
Do you learn anything about any specific religion?
anna_spanner89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rapha)
Do you learn anything about any specific religion?

some modules i do, some i dont

like the AQA spec, the questions were shaped in a way you can respond to them from any religions point of view

eg 'outline the religous responses too abortion' you can do it from christianity..hinduism, islam etc

the philosophical modules were a tad harder though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (100)
40.16%
No - but I will (12)
4.82%
No - I don't want to (16)
6.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (121)
48.59%

Watched Threads