anonymous230
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
during secondary scchool i received a bronze crest award and im thinking of talking about it in my personal statement, i do believe the certificate is with a relative and i was wondering if universities would want to see it? would i have to scan it and show them or bring it in person or something? the same with gcse certificates, does anyone know if i have to scan them? is taking a pic fine if they ask ? and for a levels?
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You might mention the bronze CREST award on your personal statement, but the university won't ask for proof.
If you're a home student, you do not need to supply official certificates. Your results are tied to the school and your name and your unique learner number. As for A-levels, UCAS will receive your results directly from your exam board a few days before you get your results, again provided that you are a home student. So you don't need to scan or send anything extra.
anonymous230
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
You might mention the bronze CREST award on your personal statement, but the university won't ask for proof.
If you're a home student, you do not need to supply official certificates. Your results are tied to the school and your name and your unique learner number. As for A-levels, UCAS will receive your results directly from your exam board a few days before you get your results, again provided that you are a home student. So you don't need to scan or send anything extra.
woah how does ucas get my results directly? im sitting as a private candidate and i put the exam centre on ucas so will it automatically get my results from the exam centre ?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anonymous230)
woah how does ucas get my results directly? im sitting as a private candidate and i put the exam centre on ucas so will it automatically get my results from the exam centre ?
The exam boards send results for most uk qualifications to ucas who then match them to your application and send them on to your universities.

This doesn’t apply to completed qualifications - universities can and do ask for gcse and completed A level certificates if they haven’t been verified by UCAS. They’re not going to care about your old bronze certificate though.
anonymous230
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
The exam boards send results for most uk qualifications to ucas who then match them to your application and send them on to your universities.

This doesn’t apply to completed qualifications - universities can and do ask for gcse and completed A level certificates if they haven’t been verified by UCAS. They’re not going to care about your old bronze certificate though.
ok lol cheers , i was just wondering if id get arrested for not declaring it on my ucas or some crap
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anonymous230)
ok lol cheers , i was just wondering if id get arrested for not declaring it on my ucas or some crap
The Crest awards are just a prize/award scheme - they're not a recognised qualification. Just like you don't have to provide DofE awards certificates and similar (or list them as qualifications).
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They won't ask for verification of this qualification, it's not really relevant to their decision making.
username3754758
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
so you can lie about doing Dofe?
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dj_ad_1)
No, you can't lie about anything because then you'd be breaching the declaration you make at the end of the UCAS app. But you likely won't be asked to verify it.

The value in completing in DOE isn't the qualification itself, it's the skills you learn along the way.

Ahhhhhh, how heartwarming
username3754758
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yeah cos i only did the practice expedition and not the qualifier which is the the main thing so should include it or not
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can mention it in your personal statement but only completed quals should be listed in the relevant section.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dj_ad_1)
You can but there's not really any point and you would be making your application fraudulent. DofE isn't considered as helpful for university applications. You might have some individual benefits from the experiences that are worth mentioning but it's not something that would make any difference to your chances of an offer or chances of being accepted.

It's a silly risk for zero reward
anonymous230
Rep:
?
thanks for the info guys , espescially PQ , and yeh theres no point in lying cos even if theres a small chance of them somehow finding out u lied that risks ur entire entrance chance, it wouldnt make much of a difference anyways
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.85%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.53%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (36)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.94%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.18%

Watched Threads