Changing username Watch

#1Genius
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
How does one go about changing one's username? There used to be a specified option, but it seems that it has been moved amidst all TSR's pointless rehashing and editing.
qgujxj39
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
It's here, found it in the forum announcement.
#1Genius
Rep:
?
(Original post by tommm)
It's here, found it in the forum announcement.
Thanks very much
#1Genius
Rep:
?
(Original post by imtired)
Only six days left i believe, might have to change mine too soon.
What, you mean they're eradicating the option totally?
Misogynist
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah there is an announcement on the subject:

From 11th July, members will no longer be able to request username changes as they can at the moment. Username changes are problematic for staff, confusing for members and discourage accountability for material posted on the forums.

However, we do understand that there are occasional cases where members have a very good reason for wishing to change their name. With this in mind, we will allow changes in such circumstances. Requests of this kind should be submitted in Ask A Moderator, along with reasoning behind the request. Moderator decision is final.
It didn't confuse anyone for the 5 years I've been here, why now?
#1Genius
Rep:
?
It does seem peculiar...
imtired
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Misogynist)
It didn't confuse anyone for the 5 years I've been here, why now?
I guess some people use it to get a new identity which 'discourages accountability for material posted' as they said.

Did you change your username and avatar or was it as it is now from the beginning?
Shadow!
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow that sucks. TSR are on the ruining rampage aren't they just.
Misogynist
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I guess some people use it to get a new identity which 'discourages accountability for material posted' as they said.

Did you change your username and avatar or was it as it is now from the beginning?
I've changed it several times. I think 5 times to be precise.

Not many people use it for that (Switching identities.). I think people use it as a welcome change. Usernames start to get monotonous after a while.
Shadow!
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hear that!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've changed it several times. I think 5 times to be precise.

Not many people use it for that (Switching identities.). I think people use it as a welcome change. Usernames start to get monotonous after a while.
Who cares if it gets monotonous??? You've changed it 5 times? That explains why you have been a member since 2003 and I have no idea who you are.

There is a whole debate on this in another thread within About, you should go find it. You'll find hundreds of good reasons why the name change facility going is one of the best ideas out.
SmilerNuts
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SillyFencer)
Who cares if it gets monotonous??? You've changed it 5 times? That explains why you have been a member since 2003 and I have no idea who you are.

There is a whole debate on this in another thread within About, you should go find it. You'll find hundreds of good reasons why the name change facility going is one of the best ideas out.
Actually Miso's had that name for over a year now but hasn't been especially active, which explains why you don't know him

Though personally I'm in favour of the change in policy.
Misogynist
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SmilerNuts)
Actually Miso's had that name for over a year now but hasn't been especially active, which explains why you don't know him

Though personally I'm in favour of the change in policy.
Especially active wouldn't be the right word, I haven't been on in about a year! :p:
SmilerNuts
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Especially active wouldn't be the right word, I haven't been on in about a year! :p:
Yeah, I haven't seen you post since last summer but I couldn't be sure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed