Durham law offers 2020 - **Official thread** Watch

Humairaahpatel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve been looking for a durham law offers 2020 thread and haven’t managed to find one so I thought I’d make one myself
Has anyone received an offer for law at durham yet?
When did you guys apply, what offers have you received, how do you think your LNAT went, what are your predicted grades
Would really love to know
Does anyone know the LNAT average for durham? I’ve got between 18-29
Last edited by Humairaahpatel; 1 month ago
Vodex_Law
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Humairaahpatel)
I’ve been looking for a durham law offers 2020 thread and haven’t managed to find one so I thought I’d make one myself
Has anyone received an offer for law at durham yet?
When did you guys apply, what offers have you received, how do you think your LNAT went, what are your predicted grades
Would really love to know
Does anyone know the LNAT average for durham? I’ve got between 18-29
Hey!
I've received an offer from Durham for law today. I applied on the 4th Oct., LNAT was on the 27th Sep. But they got the results on the 21st Oct as with any Pre-20th Oct. Test takers. I am an Austrian student so do not think my conditions will be of much help to you. Think the MCQs went good-great but thought I had done horribly at the essay. Apparently it could not have been too bad I guess.
uhnanya
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm waiting for a response :/
Zakariaadris
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi

Whats the campus code for law at durham cant find it anywhere
Humairaahpatel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zakariaadris)
Hi

Whats the campus code for law at durham cant find it anywhere
What do you mean campus code? There is no specific campus code for law, you just choose the college you want and if you receive an offer before February it will say you are on campus code Z: which means your college hasn’t been allocated yet. College allocation comes around mid February
Humairaahpatel
Rep:
?
(Original post by uhnanya)
I'm waiting for a response :/
Hi
When did you apply? My application got sent off on the 11th, I did my LNAT on the 18th, and got an offer on the 28th! Don’t worry it takes time depending on when you applied
uhnanya
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Humairaahpatel I did my LNAT around the 23rd of September (?) and I got an acknowledgement email on 3rd October. Maybe my LNAT wasn't that great. I've received an offer from Nottingham though.
Humairaahpatel
Rep:
?
(Original post by uhnanya)
Humairaahpatel I did my LNAT around the 23rd of September (?) and I got an acknowledgement email on 3rd October. Maybe my LNAT wasn't that great. I've received an offer from Nottingham though.
Have you got the predicted grade requirements? They might just be taking a bit longer, are you an international student?
Some people will wait until March/April for a decision. No need to panic just yet.
Last edited by Humairaahpatel; 1 month ago
Vodex_Law
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
remember that LNAT results didnt get sent to unis until the 21st of october no matter when you took it before that date. So no need to worry yet
uhnanya
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you got the predicted grade requirements? They might just be taking a bit longer, are you an international student?
Some people will wait until March/April for a decision. No need to panic just yet.
Yes, I'm an International student. My predicted score is a 93%. I know it's stupid to stress about it but it's quite overwhelming.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
I applied for Law at Durham on the 5th of September. My LNAT was on the 25th of October. Still waiting for a response

I probably did pretty bad on the LNAT, so I shouldn’t have big expectations I guess...

I’m an EU student btw
rjun
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hi, I applied to durham a week ago and just got an offer of 37 with 666 in my higher levels, was predicted a 41 with 776. I honestly thought i would get rejected from everywhere in the uk bc i felt like my LNAT was absolutely terrible (below 24 im guessing), but I guess its just one part of ur application and if u have a good personal statement/grades they can compensate for a poor LNAT. This was also my first offer so far
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rjun)
hi, I applied to durham a week ago and just got an offer of 37 with 666 in my higher levels, was predicted a 41 with 776. I honestly thought i would get rejected from everywhere in the uk bc i felt like my LNAT was absolutely terrible (below 24 im guessing), but I guess its just one part of ur application and if u have a good personal statement/grades they can compensate for a poor LNAT. This was also my first offer so far
Congratulations on your offer!! I really hope so! I’m not sure how my LNAT went, but I found it quite difficult. I can’t wait to receive an aswer, the wait is killing me

What other unis have you applied to?
rjun
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Congratulations on your offer!! I really hope so! I’m not sure how my LNAT went, but I found it quite difficult. I can’t wait to receive an aswer, the wait is killing me

What other unis have you applied to?
Thank u , so on October 5th I applied to only Oxford, then on Nov.5th, along with Durham, I applied to UCL, KCL, and LSE. I'm also an international student btw, live in SG, but Canadian. I also felt so bad after my LNAT, especially bc I didn't even write a conclusion to my essay part, and I had to rush through the last 10 multiple choice questions in 12 min...
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rjun)
Thank u , so on October 5th I applied to only Oxford, then on Nov.5th, along with Durham, I applied to UCL, KCL, and LSE. I'm also an international student btw, live in SG, but Canadian. I also felt so bad after my LNAT, especially bc I didn't even write a conclusion to my essay part, and I had to rush through the last 10 multiple choice questions in 12 min...
Our choices are similar. The only difference is that I applied for Cambridge instead of Oxford and for Warwick instead of LSE

Good luck with the rest of your options!
Student 456
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m a current law student in 1st year at Durham, just want to let everyone know not to stress as Durham are very late when giving out offers. For most of us here it took till the end of March to receive an offer. This is partly because they like to wait until oxbridge have given out their offers (if you applied there) and also because they are having a bit of an admin crisis, so they are very slow to get things done. It is highly likely they haven’t even read your application yet.
n.price00
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How did you do on your LNAT because I'm quite nervous for mine.
Humairaahpatel
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by n.price00)
How did you do on your LNAT because I'm quite nervous for mine.

Right well I’m assuming I did alright since I got one of the early offers (28th Oct, did my lnat on 18th) they also have me a reduced offer into AAA (AAB if firmed) so I’m guessing we’ll? If I’m honest w you when I came out the exam I didn’t even think I’d got 3 marks😭 I was quite upset lmao bc I genuinely couldn’t say I got an answer right confidently but I guess it went better then expected! If did like some questions from the LNAT practice book and it helped me differentiate and scale down answers but wasn’t that much, honestly didn’t even bother w essay prep until like 2 days before or something (lol don’t do that) but honestly it’s a simple essay if you have one of the books you can see they don’t write much and it isn’t even that amazing, trust me for the time it’s okay! My structure was intro 2 agree 2 disagree and a conclusion you can focus on topics like euthanasia abortion and control speakers at uni just develop your skill of writing that in 40 mins - you don’t want end without a conclusion! Depending on the uni you apply too it matters with different amounts, LSE and KCL don’t usually read it but durham and Bristol do so you can decide how much you want to focus. Honestly I’m an idiot but I did NO timed exam papers 😭 so I was there rushing 12 questions in 15 minutes in the exam 😂 timing is key so don’t worry about wasting time on the hard questions and move on and don’t get stuck like me! It doesn’t even feel like two hours! Felt like 30 mins for me! Practice the questions but don’t get too disheartened! If you have anymore questions or anything tell me I know it’s the worst and most stressful thing EVER but you can do it!!!
Last edited by Humairaahpatel; 2 weeks ago
eddiejxmes
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Right well I’m assuming I did alright since I got one of the early offers (28th Oct, did my lnat on 18th) they also have me a reduced offer into AAA (AAB if firmed) so I’m guessing we’ll? If I’m honest w you when I came out the exam I didn’t even think I’d got 3 marks😭 I was quite upset lmao bc I genuinely couldn’t say I got an answer right confidently but I guess it went better then expected! If did like some questions from the LNAT practice book and it helped me differentiate and scale down answers but wasn’t that much, honestly didn’t even bother w essay prep until like 2 days before or something (lol don’t do that) but honestly it’s a simple essay if you have one of the books you can see they don’t write much and it isn’t even that amazing, trust me for the time it’s okay! My structure was intro 2 agree 2 disagree and a conclusion you can focus on topics like euthanasia abortion and control speakers at uni just develop your skill of writing that in 40 mins - you don’t want end without a conclusion! Depending on the uni you apply too it matters with different amounts, LSE and KCL don’t usually read it but durham and Bristol do so you can decide how much you want to focus. Honestly I’m an idiot but I did NO timed exam papers 😭 so I was there rushing 12 questions in 15 minutes in the exam 😂 timing is key so don’t worry about wasting time on the hard questions and move on and don’t get stuck like me! It doesn’t even feel like two hours! Felt like 30 mins for me! Practice the questions but don’t get too disheartened! If you have anymore questions or anything tell me I know it’s the worst and most stressful thing EVER but you can do it!!!
AAB offer from Durham? Literally unheard of wow
Humairaahpatel
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by eddiejxmes)
AAB offer from Durham? Literally unheard of wow
Wow really? I feel quite special now 😂 I’ve seen other people with AAA and some even with ABB because they did Sutton trust - but I didn’t do any of that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 29 Jun '20
  • Durham University
    Sat, 4 Jul '20
  • Durham University
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (280)
47.54%
No (68)
11.54%
I'm not old enough (241)
40.92%

Watched Threads