Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Law offers 2020 entry - **Official thread**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Humairaahpatel
Have you got any offers or interview from York yet? Allen and overy is very good! And your application sounds very strong, good luck o hope you do really well :smile:

I applied to York and got an offer just before Christmas
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Those are really good options I also applied to Liverpool & chose Manchester over Leeds because it’s closer; I’m just waiting for KCL now and they’re taking forever LMAO

Ah dw should be good, would u rather go Durham or KCL
Original post by asjad_naqvi
Ah dw should be good, would u rather go Durham or KCL

Durham wasn’t even an option it was basically my last but then it was my first and I was set and now idk between Durham or kcl ;;:frown::smile:)/): idk what to do lmao
Durham wasn’t even an option it was basically my last but then it was my first and I was set and now idk between Durham or kcl ;;:frown::smile:)/): idk what to do lmao

When I was looking at Durham it seemed to be quite academic like Oxbridge however not as much but more than KCL in my opinion anyway. I really like the idea of living in a small city as well as being shrouded by lakes and historic architecture so I don’t mind the extra academics for the view aha. I would suggest comparing the modules and structure, if you get offer from Kings visit both and make a informed decision.
Anyone want to start a group chat for people with Durham offers?
Reply 85
No if you made an open application they’ll allocate you to the college where there are spaces and they’ll tell you this before April! Don’t need to contact them unless you suddenly have a preference x :smile:

I hope I don't get kicked off to some place obscure 😂 tysm tho
If college allocations start in feb, does that mean i should be expecting a rejection if i dont get a reply before hand?
If college allocations start in feb, does that mean i should be expecting a rejection if i dont get a reply before hand?

I think they start in feb yes and definitely by April & no don’t worry many people again didn’t get offers till late March/early April so don’t think it’s an automatic rejection
Yh idk, i came from pakistan mid GCSEs and have a viable reference from referees supporting my below avg grades of only As and Bs. Its because when i came here i had never studies like half of the subjects i was expected to take for GCSES and my peers had been taking these subjects since years 7 and 8. Therefore my grades are okay in regarss to my circumstances and i have a Ucas reference for this but the avg durham applicant has like 8-9 A*s so idk why i keep my hopes up tbh. I just hope the A*AA pred can show that my Gcses are not a product of my true performance abilities and just praying for the best. I heard that for adjustment these unis want A*A*A students also( kids who didnt meet 3A* req set by some unis, oxbridge , imperial ucl durham) so thats what I would have to aim for if no offers from UCL or Durham :frown:
Reply 89
Yh idk, i came from pakistan mid GCSEs and have a viable reference from referees supporting my below avg grades of only As and Bs. Its because when i came here i had never studies like half of the subjects i was expected to take for GCSES and my peers had been taking these subjects since years 7 and 8. Therefore my grades are okay in regarss to my circumstances and i have a Ucas reference for this but the avg durham applicant has like 8-9 A*s so idk why i keep my hopes up tbh. I just hope the A*AA pred can show that my Gcses are not a product of my true performance abilities and just praying for the best. I heard that for adjustment these unis want A*A*A students also( kids who didnt meet 3A* req set by some unis, oxbridge , imperial ucl durham) so thats what I would have to aim for if no offers from UCL or Durham :frown:

You are over stressing simply because you are comparing yourself to other applicants. Admissions will compare you, but you are compared in the context of your achievements. To put it bluntly, if you have a rocky background and do well that has more merit of achievement than someone else who did as well as you but hasn't had that rocky experience. In other words, contextual information is always used by universities to find potential and merit; alongside other information such as references and personal statements etc. Be positive about your chances and work your arse off for the exams, because the UCAS adjustment is always an option if you're not happy about the offers you got and done very well in the exams. For example, KCL have a superstar programme for the high achievers and they are only ones taken on results day. Good luck.
Original post by Westldn
You are over stressing simply because you are comparing yourself to other applicants. Admissions will compare you, but you are compared in the context of your achievements. To put it bluntly, if you have a rocky background and do well that has more merit of achievement than someone else who did as well as you but hasn't had that rocky experience. In other words, contextual information is always used by universities to find potential and merit; alongside other information such as references and personal statements etc. Be positive about your chances and work your arse off for the exams, because the UCAS adjustment is always an option if you're not happy about the offers you got and done very well in the exams. For example, KCL have a superstar programme for the high achievers and they are only ones taken on results day. Good luck.

Thankyouuu!

Don’t worry! There was an FOI request for the gcse results of Durham offer holders by JPAPI (just look at his recent posts and search it) & this is definitely not true! So don’t worry, especially since they’ll take into account your circumstances! Your over stressing yourself as most of the offers haven’t even gone out yet :smile:
Don’t worry! There was an FOI request for the gcse results of Durham offer holders by JPAPI (just look at his recent posts and search it) & this is definitely not true! So don’t worry, especially since they’ll take into account your circumstances! Your over stressing yourself as most of the offers haven’t even gone out yet :smile:

Hmm interesting, thanks :smile:
Reply 93
Hello guys! I just received a conditional offer from Durham!! I'm an international student:smile:
Original post by dtasan
Hello guys! I just received a conditional offer from Durham!! I'm an international student:smile:

Congratulations!! You should be super proud of yourself. What college did you apply for?
Original post by dtasan

Hey! Well done congratulations 🥳 what college are you applying too :smile:
Original post by dtasan

Congratulations !!🤙🤙, as the others have asked what college? XD
Original post by kelvin1011
Anyone want to start a group chat for people with Durham offers?

I'm down (or will be if I get an offer!!!)
Hi! I got my offer back in November but I just found this thread! Good luck to all applicants :smile:
Original post by dtasan

Congratulationsss!!! May I know when did you send your application?

Quick Reply

Latest