The Student Room Group

No Future No Hope

I'm nothing but a failure e.g. **** GCSES= Game Over

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roguester14
I'm nothing but a failure e.g. **** GCSES= Game Over

Maybe you are writing yourself off too soon because you are too young to understand how it all works.
GCSEs are just exams. You can resit them.

What have you got?
What do you want to do?
Why do you enjoy beating yourself up?
What good does it do you?
It may be just a setback and I would think easily recoverable, even if it takes an extra few years.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Maybe you are writing yourself off too soon because you are too young to understand how it all works.
GCSEs are just exams. You can resit them.

What have you got?
What do you want to do?
Why do you enjoy beating yourself up?
What good does it do you?
It may be just a setback and I would think easily recoverable, even if it takes an extra few years.

Oh I understand all right finished school from 2014
I've got Ds and Es (re-took em twice and still the same result)
What can I really do? be a loser because I've failed
I enjoy beating myself because I've failed
Oh it's not setback Once I've failed its game over there's no point fighting back if the war is already lost
after all, not everyone survives mate
Reply 3
Ah, my brother left school with one GCSE at grade D in history originally. He's doing fine now. Redid them, did his A levels, went to university, got kicked out, finished his degree elsewhere and is now working in London doing really well for himself.

All hope is not lost. You have options.
Reply 4
Original post by Pathway
Ah, my brother left school with one GCSE at grade D in history originally. He's doing fine now. Redid them, did his A levels, went to university, got kicked out, finished his degree elsewhere and is now working in London doing really well for himself.

All hope is not lost. You have options.

Not everyone wins mate and that's a fact
Reply 5
Not everyone wins mate and that's a fact

I'm not saying everyone wins, I'm saying life is what you make it. If you have an aim, go for it. Don't let this define you.
Reply 6
Original post by Pathway
I'm not saying everyone wins, I'm saying life is what you make it. If you have an aim, go for it. Don't let this define you.

A bit late for that after all everyone is different
Reply 7
A bit late for that after all everyone is different

Nah, I don't think it's too late. But you have to choose to make changes that will benefit you. There are things out there you can do to change your circumstances.

How come your grades were low?
Reply 8
Original post by Pathway
Nah, I don't think it's too late. But you have to choose to make changes that will benefit you. There are things out there you can do to change your circumstances.

How come your grades were low?

I was born dumb plus there's nothing that can benefit me why? because I'm a failure it's that simple
(edited 4 years ago)
Oh I understand all right finished school from 2014
I've got Ds and Es (re-took em twice and still the same result)
What can I really do? be a loser because I've failed
I enjoy beating myself because I've failed (since suicide doesn't work out of course)
Oh it's not setback Once I've failed its game over there's no point fighting back if the war is already lost
after all, not everyone survives mate

What is it you want to do?
Why do you think you failed at exams?
Seems to me your study exam technique seems to be lacking.

Not everyone is destined for academics and maybe vocational skills would be better for you? NVQs, City and Guilds?

Do you have either GCSE Maths and English?

If you cant do those then do functional skills level 1 then move up to 2. From there you can build up.
You live for c 80 years and you are barely 25% through. Plenty of time to sort things out and maximise your potential even if you are keen to emphasise how limited you are.

If you do want to change though you have to commit and be prepared to put some effort in plus stop beating yourself up.
Go and find some hobbies you are interested in and you might find you enjoy those and can turn one of them into a career. People start education again at all ages.
(edited 4 years ago)
You’re not born dumb. Everyone has the potential to do anything they want if they put their mind to do it. Don’t let the negativity get to you- it’s not too late, you’re not dumb.

You clearly said that everyone is different, that’s why everyone works differently and achieve differently. If you are going to be fixated in this mindset, nothing will change. Try to be positive, know that there is ALWAYS time for change and for the better. But it has to first come for you, acknowledge that everyone works differently and don’t beat yourself for it. It’s not worth hurting yourself! This is the only life you have, if you’re going to keep on putting yourself down, you’re going to waste on the potential things out there waiting for you. Also GCSEs aren’t everything, there is always a way to life without them.
Watch Ibz Mo’s video on how he failed his GCSEs and how he got into Cambridge, anything is possible (:
Original post by livelyrao
You’re not born dumb. Everyone has the potential to do anything they want if they put their mind to do it. Don’t let the negativity get to you- it’s not too late, you’re not dumb.

You clearly said that everyone is different, that’s why everyone works differently and achieve differently. If you are going to be fixated in this mindset, nothing will change. Try to be positive, know that there is ALWAYS time for change and for the better. But it has to first come for you, acknowledge that everyone works differently and don’t beat yourself for it. It’s not worth hurting yourself! This is the only life you have, if you’re going to keep on putting yourself down, you’re going to waste on the potential things out there waiting for you. Also GCSEs aren’t everything, there is always a way to life without them.

The strong survive the weak perish hence the survival of the fittest
Who said you’re weak? You’re only calling yourself that. You really do have the potential but you just don’t see it. Please talk to someone you trust because you wouldn’t have done a form if you didn’t care about your future. And you do have a future!
Original post by livelyrao
Who said you’re weak? You’re only calling yourself that. You really do have the potential but you just don’t see it. Please talk to someone you trust because you wouldn’t have done a form if you didn’t care about your future. And you do have a future!

I'm sorry **** grades are evidence to show I'm a true failure and plus people call **** cos of it
the truth is really bitter but it's the truth

plus I have talked to someone and it doesn't work.
What is it you want to do?
Why do you think you failed at exams?
Seems to me your study exam technique seems to be lacking.

Not everyone is destined for academics and maybe vocational skills would be better for you? NVQs, City and Guilds?

Do you have either GCSE Maths and English?

If you cant do those then do functional skills level 1 then move up to 2. From there you can build up.
You live for c 80 years and you are barely 25% through. Plenty of time to sort things out and maximise your potential even if you are keen to emphasise how limited you are.

If you do want to change though you have to commit and be prepared to put some effort in plus stop beating yourself up.
Go and find some hobbies you are interested in and you might find you enjoy those and can turn one of them into a career. People start education again at all ages.

Or maybe I was born dumb which in that case I am and that's the fact why because my **** GCSE's is the proof that I'm dumb
I'm sorry **** grades are evidence to show I'm a true failure and plus people call **** cos of it
the truth is really bitter but it's the truth

plus I have talked to someone and it doesn't work.

That's not true though. Loads of people flunk exams, doesn't mean anything. This sounds like something someone else has said to you that you've internalised and refuse to change your mindset on.

Trust me. My brother was a mess, was in a gang, the whole lot. He still changed things around. But he had to work. There are loads of people that leave school with no qualifications that make something of themselves because they don't give up.
Original post by Pathway
That's not true though. Loads of people flunk exams, doesn't mean anything. This sounds like something someone else has said to you that you've internalised and refuse to change your mindset on.

Trust me. My brother was a mess, was in a gang, the whole lot. He still changed things around. But he had to work. There are loads of people that leave school with no qualifications that make something of themselves because they don't give up.

loads? more like small amount of people made it not everyone survives you know.
Or maybe I was born dumb which in that case I am and that's the fact why because my **** GCSE's is the proof that I'm dumb

Maybe go and see your GP and get some support with your mh. It isnt healthy being determined to undermine yourself as some sort of punishment for silly exams which you can get yourself out of given a bit of determination and self learning. They are just exams that can be resat.

Speak to someone.

0. Childline 0800 1111
1. Samaritans 116 123
2. https://kooth.com/ Online counselling
3. The Mix. 0808 808 4994. Sunday to Friday from 2pm to 11pm. webchat Sunday to Friday from 2pm to 11pm, and Saturday from 8pm to 11pm.
4. Papyrus HOPElineUK: 0800 068 41 41
Papyrus-uk.org
Support for those dealing with suicide, depression or emotional distress particularly teenagers and young adults.
Maybe go and see your GP and get some support with your mh. It isnt healthy being determined to undermine yourself as some sort of punishment for silly exams which you can get yourself out of given a bit of determination and self learning. They are just exams that can be resat.

Speak to someone.

0. Childline 0800 1111
1. Samaritans 116 123
2. https://kooth.com/ Online counselling
3. The Mix. 0808 808 4994. Sunday to Friday from 2pm to 11pm. webchat Sunday to Friday from 2pm to 11pm, and Saturday from 8pm to 11pm.
4. Papyrus HOPElineUK: 0800 068 41 41
Papyrus-uk.org
Support for those dealing with suicide, depression or emotional distress particularly teenagers and young adults.

I've been through counseling and in the end, they don't work for me.

Quick Reply

Latest