It starts! Watch

Echolife
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ucas apply is up and running for 2009 entry guys!
I've made a start. :proud:
I wonder how many times I'll change my choices by Sept.
Downesey
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ooo thanks, a friend of mine has been waiting for this
imomo16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Question: Do you have to have a UCAS card to use apply?
rangers_mad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nope
Echolife
Rep:
?
(Original post by imomo16)
Question: Do you have to have a UCAS card to use apply?
No, that's something that I forgot to do though, so thanks for reminding me.
mollymustard
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good for you for applying early. Far too many people leave their form until the very last minute and then have to rush through it.
At least if you're doing it now you're more likely to be happy about your final decisions!
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good luck to all of you applying this year.
Clefeen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is there anything different in the layout of the apply system than 2008's?

Silly question, first time applicants wouldn't know.
Lulubelle*
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
when it comes to the how are you applying section, whats the difference?

How are you applying?

Through my school/college
Through a careers organisation
Through another organisation
As an individual

as far as i know, you have to type your personal statement and everything out yourself anyway; so my main question is: what are the added bonuses of applying through the school?
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lulubelle*)
when it comes to the how are you applying section, whats the difference?

How are you applying?

Through my school/college
Through a careers organisation
Through another organisation
As an individual

as far as i know, you have to type your personal statement and everything out yourself anyway; so my main question is: what are the added bonuses of applying through the school?
If you're currently at a school or college they will expect you to apply through them. Either wait for further instructions or go and talk to your teacher, as you will need further details.

Careers organisation or other organisation are the same as above.

Applying as an individual is mainly for people who are not at school/college. But if you're taking a gap year or getting a reference from school/college they may still want you to apply through them.
If you're a mature student who has been working for several years, you'll be an individual.
International students where few students apply from that school will probably also need to apply as an individual.

Make the right choice as it is impossible to change later! If you pick the wrong one, you'll need to start again, and any data you've already filled in will be lost!

:juno:
Lulubelle*
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
If you're currently at a school or college they will expect you to apply through them. Either wait for further instructions or go and talk to your teacher, as you will need further details.

Careers organisation or other organisation are the same as above.

Applying as an individual is mainly for people who are not at school/college. But if you're taking a gap year or getting a reference from school/college they may still want you to apply through them.
If you're a mature student who has been working for several years, you'll be an individual.
International students where few students apply from that school will probably also need to apply as an individual.

Make the right choice as it is impossible to change later! If you pick the wrong one, you'll need to start again, and any data you've already filled in will be lost!

ookayyy... does that mean i have to wait to go back to school before I can complete that wee bit? - because I need a buzzword... or is there any other way that I can find that out?
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lulubelle*)
ookayyy... does that mean i have to wait to go back to school before I can complete that wee bit? - because I need a buzzword... or is there any other way that I can find that out?
You would need to ask your school, or if you know anybody that applied last year the buzzword may be the same. You probably will have to wait, though.

Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Clefeen)
Is there anything different in the layout of the apply system than 2008's?

Silly question, first time applicants wouldn't know.
From a quick look, it all seems pretty much the same as last year.

Clefeen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
From a quick look, it all seems pretty much the same as last year.

Ahh well.
sozzberry
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I applied this year and got 4 rejections, and am going to reapply for 2009, but what happens about my current user thing? Do I have to cancel it, or is it used for 2009 or what?
thelostchild
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sozzberry)
I applied this year and got 4 rejections, and am going to reapply for 2009, but what happens about my current user thing? Do I have to cancel it, or is it used for 2009 or what?
If your certain you dont want to go to the one university that accepted you and you dont want to go through clearing then withdraw this years application (only if your REALLY sure though)

You can't carry your data through this year so you will have to enter it all again sorry so just make a new account for this year
Echolife
Rep:
?
I've started to fill in the results section and it says it's optional to include module marks. Does this just mean the grade A, B etc or can you put actual raw module marks ie 105/105 and if so, where does that go?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.51%
No - but I will (25)
5.52%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (217)
47.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise