If your partner had a weird fetish, would you indulge it? Watch

RightSaidJames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
It seems that H&R has subconscious nightly themes going on, an anon makes a topic about something vaguely controversial, then someone else starts a discussion thread, then more people get encouraged and start similar threads, either more advice ones (usually anon) or branchings-off of another discussion thread. Tonight the theme appears to be fetishes!

Anyway, here's my point of discussion:

If your partner admitted to having a fetish/fantasy that you considered to be really weird or abnormal, would you let them indulge that obsession with you to make them happy, even if the act itself didn't do much for you? If so, would there be a point where you'd draw the line and outright refuse?

For the purposes of decency, try not to be too explicit, and we'll exclude anything that is at all non-consensual and/or illegal.
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends how weird. If it was weird in a "never thought of that" kind of way, then perhaps. If it was weird in a "that makes me want to vom" kind of way, then they'd be sleeping in the spare room tbh.
Glutamic Acid
Report 10 years ago
The question lies with the level of disgust, rather than abnormality. If I don't find it disgusting, merely weird or abnormal then I'd indulge.
dh00001
Report 10 years ago
i suppose i would try it once and then make an opinion on if it happens again or not. if it was really weird it would have to be a serious relationship instead of a casual thing
Yasmin2K8
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes if it turned me on and got me going otherwise no.
Aconite
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If it's feet he wants, he can have mine all day and night.
Airel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would be the weird one in the relationship.
Antonia87
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As long as it doesnt involve poo... I'm happy.
manderlay in flames
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
depends how good blowjobs she gave and how good a steak she cooked
Mousickle
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, you should try most things at least once =P
Kater Murr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
The question lies with the level of disgust, rather than abnormality. If I don't find it disgusting, merely weird or abnormal then I'd indulge.
This.
qgujxj39
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
Well the obvious answer is that if it was something harmless like a fetish for a certain kind of material, then sure, but if it was something weird like urinating in mouths then no.

Why are there so many fetish threads?
Anonymous #1
Report 10 years ago
I doubt there's anything i find weird that they won't, if there is then it would have to be really weird, in which case i'd have to think carefully about being with that person.
Psyk
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There's very little I wouldn't be at least willing to try. Anything directly involving poo, vomit or anything that is likely to cause serious injury is off limits. I can't really think of anything I else I wouldn't be willing to try. Although perhaps I would have to make a bit of deal for certain things, ie. if I do that for them, they have to do something for me.
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
(Original post by tommm)
Well the obvious answer is that if it was something harmless like a fetish for a certain kind of material, then sure, but if it was something weird like urinating in mouths then no.

Why are there so many fetish threads?
Last night there were a fair few prostitute/stripper/sperm donor threads, it's just basic copycat behaviour, some of it subconscious and some conscious.
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
One question I was once asked was "if someone asked you to cut them [not seriously or dangerously] while in bed, would you do it?" Me and the girl who asked the question were the only people in the group to say yes.
Phantom Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'll try most things once, and provided it wasn't really painful or a health risk I'd probably indulge my partner. That said, I've always been the filthy one in my relationships so I doubt I'll ever have to worry.
emilina
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it depends on the fetish lol.

if its like the wetting yourself one then im sorry but no. . . . but if its something like the domination one then yea sure lol.

TSR seems to go through themes with threads, its all fetishes today, the other day it was all rep threads, then there were all neg rep threads . . .
Dstbgre
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I will try most things once. I draw the line at bodily fluids (except the ones normally involved in sex + saliva) and excrement though. I also wouldnt do anything that would involve large amounts of pain for me. Anything else i would try though then form an opinion.
Frannnnn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if it wasn't hardcore fetish like "oh i like to cut people up and eat them whilst getting down to business" i think i'd give it a whirl.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (278)
38.03%
No - but I will (53)
7.25%
No - I don't want to (53)
7.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (347)
47.47%

Watched Threads