• TSR Community Staff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Go on... one or two each.

For me (currently doing the rounds)

Heaven

The F word - Just love it. Love the way it doesn't try and be anything it clearly isn't, whilst showing off Ramsey in his no nonsense yet amazingly brilliant best.
EDIT: I'd also like to stick Peep show in there, although just finished the series, but still current really.

Hell

A couple. I'd say Big Brother, but i'm not really around people that give a crap about that... but more so, these awful, awful "gameshows" around at the moment. The stupid concepts they have, like remembering song lyrics or whatever...gah, Do.Not.Like.

Now your turn :cool:
Frannnnn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
heaven - greys anatomy, home & away, news stuff, american sitcoms, cartoons (simpsons, family guy etc)

hell - all gameshows
nuttygirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
heaven - The Young Ones (anything with Rik Mayall in actually), Father Ted, The Wright Stuff, Jonathan Creek

hell - most house and antiques shows
affinity89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Heaven
24, Nip Tuck, SATC, Clocking Off, Tenko etc.

Hell
Nature shows, most gameshows, things like Midsummer Murders.
Amandeep_Psych07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by <CJ>)
Go on... one or two each.

For me (currently doing the rounds)

Heaven

The F word - Just love it. Love the way it doesn't try and be anything it clearly isn't, whilst showing off Ramsey in his no nonsense yet amazingly brilliant best.
EDIT: I'd also like to stick Peep show in there, although just finished the series, but still current really.

Hell

A couple. I'd say Big Brother, but i'm not really around people that give a crap about that... but more so, these awful, awful "gameshows" around at the moment. The stupid concepts they have, like remembering song lyrics or whatever...gah, Do.Not.Like.

Now your turn :cool:

A very big Hi5 for you matey! :five:

Heaven

Any cooking show, Jamie/Nigella/Ramsey/Fearnley-Whittngstall preferred

Hell

:ditto: Big Bruda. When's it going to end? Big Brother No.9572579??
CJ
  • TSR Community Staff
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amandeep_Psych07)
A very big Hi5 for you matey! :five:

Heaven

Any cooking show, Jamie/Nigella/Ramsey/Fearnley-Whittngstall preferred

Hell

:ditto: Big Bruda. When's it going to end? Big Brother No.9572579??

:five:
Cynicism 101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Heaven:

Scrubs, House, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, Torchwood

Hell:

Doctor Who...gah *bleaches brain*, Psych, Numb3rs
yas8
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
heaven
hollyoaks, scrubs, dexter, csi, ncis

hell
the hills, my super sweet sixteen, eastenders
danielharris627
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Heaven - Every HBO show that I've seen (mostly the more recent ones), Freaks & Geeks, Futurama, The Simpsons, South Park

Hell - Reality TV, poor police dramas, cliche filled tv shows...
Suzanne123
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Heaven - Lost, Nip/Tuck, QI, Dr Who, Torchwood

Hell - Big Brother, Location Location, My Super Sweet 16, The Simpsons
CJ
  • TSR Community Staff
Rep:
?
Wow, this is a blast from the past.
I'll update for what's around at the moment

Heaven - Gavin & Stacey; I only started watching this when it was well into the second series. I kind of turned my nose up at it for some reason, maybe thinking it was some kind of Two Pints (alright, but not much more). Watched the first episode and couldn't stop :teeth: Christmas special was fantastic. Horne and Corden is yet to be seen, currently at 'alright' status.
Also a mention for Robert Webb on that comic relief dancing thing. Wow, just wow (wasn't expecting that).

Hell - This new wave of crappy gameshows popping up. This also includes ones like eggheads. Dull dull dull. Oh and those really awful sing along ones, where they have to sing the lyrics or something or other. *where's the remote!*
Rosie0914
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Heaven - QI and all it's complete and utter loveliness, documentaries made by aging comedians (e.g. Stephen Fry, Billy Connolly, Paul Merton), Project Runway

Hell - Cow and Chicken, The Wright Stuff, Deal or No Deal
Lady_Darkness
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Heaven:
24, A Touch of Frost (and most ITV dramas), Johnathan Creek, period dramas, Only Fools, Two Pints, Father Ted... and Eastenders/Corrie/H&A if I'm in a soap-mood.

Hell:
Reality shows... or anything featuring ex-BB contestants trying to cling onto fame... nature shows...
Student2806
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Heaven: Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Top Gear, Midsomer Murders, Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Father Ted, HIGNFY, Mock The Week.

Hell: Reality TV (ALL of it), Deal or No Deal, Gavin & Stacey, TV outtake shows, shopping channels.
CrazyBeautiful
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Funny, I've just been watching a clip from the programme when David Mitchell was on, (talking about children's TV presenters now being young) and he reminisced over his childhood saying he got on a lot better with a fun, middle-aged man than younger people....

Anyway,
Heaven: QI, Peep Show, Jonathan Creek, America's Next Top Model, Project Runway, CSI, Criminal Minds, Monk, period dramas, The Simpsons (not the new ones), Spongebob (pre 2005), Mr Meaty (which they don't show anymore :mad: )

Hell:
Everything else Especially Soaps!
dg2008
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Heaven

Numb3rs
CSI NY + Miami
Criminal Minds
NSIC
SVU + CI

Hell

SOAPS
Almost all UK programmes lol
Inconceivable
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Heaven - The Wire, Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe/Newswipe, QI.

Hell - The One Show:mad:
flyingstereowombat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Heaven: Charlie Brooker's Newswipe, Stewart Lee's comedy vehicle

Hell: Horne and Corden
ice_cube
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Heaven - Have I Got News For You, Mock the Week, and for old times sake Teachers and the West Wing.

Hell - ITV news (like the Daily Mail in moving form), Casualty (which went down hill as soon as Patrick died way back when)
King CalZ
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Heaven:
Skins - British drama at its best and for the young audience (finally) with quality storylines, actors and music all in one.
The O.C - Best american programme ever. Characters were so believeable and appealing.
Mock The Week - Improv show with funny lines and of course frankie boyle
Outnumbered - Funniest british comedy in recent memory with great young actors.

Hell:
Big Brother - Started off good then went downhill and never stopped falling
Holby City - Boring, Boring, Boring
My Super Sweet Sixteen - Rich little ******* who couldnt give a **** about anyone else get a party. Wooo!!!
Jerry springer - What the hell happened. Went from "I cheated on my wife" to "I am sleeping in a tree with a midget".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (292)
37.63%
No - but I will (55)
7.09%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed