The Student Room Group

LSE, Kings, Warwick GCSE Grade Acceptance

How likely am I of getting into LSE, Kings or Warwick for BSc Management if I have received an A grade in GCSE Maths, C Grade in GCSE English Language and A*AA as my predicted grades in A-Level?

Particularly worried about the C grade received in GCSE English Language. Will that make a huge difference for my chances of getting into these universities?
Original post by joyjain
How likely am I of getting into LSE, Kings or Warwick for BSc Management if I have received an A grade in GCSE Maths, C Grade in GCSE English Language and A*AA as my predicted grades in A-Level?

Particularly worried about the C grade received in GCSE English Language. Will that make a huge difference for my chances of getting into these universities?

Your A-levels are more important. Considering your applying for management you should be fine with a decent ielts score.
Reply 2
Original post by alanmokrousov
Your A-levels are more important. Considering your applying for management you should be fine with a decent ielts score.

But the websites of these universities state that the minimum grade requirement for IGCSE English Language is B. So do you think they will consider my application?
Original post by joyjain
But the websites of these universities state that the minimum grade requirement for IGCSE English Language is B. So do you think they will consider my application?

Are you an international/EU student?
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
Are you an international/EU student?

yes, i am an international student.
Original post by joyjain
yes, i am an international student.

They will still consider your application.

It likely won't make much difference to whether you receive an offer or not, but any offer that you do receive will likely include a condition to take an English Language test, such as an IELTS.
Reply 6
They will still consider your application.

It likely won't make much difference to whether you receive an offer or not, but any offer that you do receive will likely include a condition to take an English Language test, such as an IELTS.

I've already taken the IELTS.
I received an overall 7.5.
Listening 9.0
Speaking 7.5
Reading 7.5
Writing 6.5
If you’ve already met their English requirements with the IELTS then your GCSE Eng is unlikely to make any difference to how your application is considered.

If your IELTS scores are too low then as above, they’ll just ask you to another as part of any offer.
Reply 8
o

If you’ve already met their English requirements with the IELTS then your GCSE Eng is unlikely to make any difference to how your application is considered.

If your IELTS scores are too low then as above, they’ll just ask you to another as part of any offer.

ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending