where can i ask about lost property? Watch

snowb315
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
hi
does anyone know where they keep reported lost property ?
lost my Uni ID card and heard it costs like 25-30 pounds to ask for another one.
*titanium*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
At my university, if for example you loose something in the library, then if someone is nice enough to hand it in, he will hand it in to the library office, if you loose something in the law building then it will be handed in to the law school office, its not central, though some stuff might get handed in to university reception, basically there is not one single place that deals with lost property.

At my university a replacment card is £10, make sure you know how to get a knew one, I didnt and it ended up taking me over 3 hours to get one because I started off in the wrong queue and then after waiting in the right queue I was told that I must fill in a form first!
kftjkp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It depends where you lost it but if it's a student card then your best bet is the Library. It costs a tenner to get a new card from the student services centre on Burlington Street (near the library) - I got one and it took 5 minutes (and will be even quicker at this time of year cos there's hardly any queues).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (291)
37.55%
No - but I will (55)
7.1%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.23%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.13%

Watched Threads