Ligretto Cowboy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys! Just finished PAT. How did everyone find it? Personally, I found the maths questions more straightforward than the physics ones.
Kahoot my noot
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Found it was so much harder than any past paper I'd done
Spicklepop
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I dont even know what that pile of crap was
stressed0ut
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The worst paper I’ve ever done ugh genuinely i thought I’d do ok given I’d done a lot of revision but no......
ormnc
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Much more new information to process as opposed to other papers which focuses more on problem solving. More difficult than 2017 paper.
RW22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That paper was absolutely awful, It was harder than even the 2012 paper which was pretty bad. I must have missed out like half the paper
Harry.Ell
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anybody have any links to any unofficial mark schemes that people have put together? I feel like I’d be lucky to get about 70/100 at this point
Toednote3363
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
To be honest I am quite glad that the general consensus at the moment that it seems to of been hard for many. I know I made many silly errors and I felt as if the questions could have been worded differently. For some questions I spent longer trying to figure out what it was asking me than answering it. As well as this I felt as if there were quite a few sequences questions of which I haven't covered yet in school and so only had very limiting knowledge.
Last edited by Toednote3363; 1 month ago
Nabil2003
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mood after the exam:
Excuse-a-me what de ****
TheVileCow
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ligretto Cowboy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Callum_Brown_)
What a pile of horse **** like on the past papers was cruising w 80-90%, I was so f***ing ready. I mean wtf did the [] even mean?!?! Like towards the end I was just missing question after question, like I’ll b happy to get an interview now and I was hoping to cruise in.
Same here .. just hoping they meant to make it harder because of the [].
Last edited by 学生の父; 1 month ago
Callum_Brown_
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ligretto Cowboy)
Same here .. just hoping they meant to make it harder because of the [].
Like if it makes u feel better I found it impossible and yet just a couple months ago I came top 30 in the country for the senior physics challenge. It was criminally hard.
Harry.Ell
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I believe I am in a similar situation. Instead of considering marks on a past paper I always used to look at percentiles as my range here was a lot smaller. The effect of a hard test (while it may have a large effect on your mark) shouldn’t change your percentile too much. In essence it’s just a translation of that cumulative frequency curve you see in all the paper reports to the left a little bit. You’ll probably find you’re still hovering above the 10th percentile.

Realistically speaking, a hard paper favours people in your position, and spreads out the higher percentiles more which should be in your benefit.

Hope this calms you down a little bit after what was certainly a very rough exam 🙂

What a pile of horse **** like on the past papers was cruising w 80-90%, I was so f***ing ready. I mean wtf did the [] even mean?!?! Like towards the end I was just missing question after question, like I’ll b happy to get an interview now and I was hoping to cruise in.
KarolisB
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Harry.Ell)
Anybody have any links to any unofficial mark schemes that people have put together? I feel like I’d be lucky to get about 70/100 at this point
Get in the bin
Hisksjd
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
F**k*ng hell, I’d be lucky to get that on a good day. P*ss off
Harry.Ell
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by KarolisB)
Get in the bin
Big emphasis on the word “lucky”, btw
Ligretto Cowboy
Rep:
?
I’m hoping that much as well now. For every physics question, I only finished half or at least about a quarter left (didn’t do most of that [] tho).
forre
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’d be lucky to pass😭😭😭😭
D201J
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Like if it makes u feel better I found it impossible and yet just a couple months ago I came top 30 in the country for the senior physics challenge. It was criminally hard.
I was considering switching to maths until I saw this, at least Im in good company then
KarolisB
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dropped a huge amount of marks on content that I haven’t covered yet in school :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 12 Dec '19
  • Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?