The G Word: Gold Panda's GYG for 2K19-20. Watch

Poll: Should we have a team name, like other GYG blogs?
Hell yeah! (2)
66.67%
Oh hell no! (0)
0%
I don't mind lol (1)
33.33%
Gold Panda
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Fazzy_77)
Hey, I think you accidentally tagged me in your last post.
But your GYG seems super cool so totally keep me tagged please!
I have a GYG of my own if you want to check that out
Ahahah no lol I literally copied some of the tags from someone else’s GYG blog and you were one of them ahahaha! I’ll keep tagging you and definitely will check out your GYG.
Gold Panda
Rep:
?
We wish you a Merry eXmas

Name:  christmas-trees-gettyimages-1072744106.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  118.5 KB

So....the christmas hols have begun for Gold Panda!!!! Well, technically they begun yesterday but I was really busy yesterday so I had no time to update my blog. So, I go back to school on the 6th January which means its 19 days of holidays. 19 days of netflix binges, uber eats and.....

Ahahaha just kidding, its now 18 days of grinding my a$$ off until my AP2 exams because my lovely school have decided ‘’hmm... how best can we ruin these kids hols? Hmm..i know, lets schedule exams directly after holidays so they come back to school more knackered then before!
So I will be updating this GYG sporadically so stay tuned Goldies as I smash these grades up!
Also, its my 19th birthday in 11 days, so ML to me soon!

I wish you all on the student room a very merry Christmas and a wonderful near year (and decade! its 2020 soon goddamnit!)

Gold Panda out!

My tag tag taggiezzz

Gold Panda
Rep:
?
A short musing with Gold Panda

This isn't a traditional update lol, I realised its been 5 days since my last post and needed to put something lol ahaha.
So, its just under a week until 2020 (OHMIGOOOOOODDDDDD its a new decade I feel sick rn). I feel like 2019 was such a letdown. I didn't achieve really good in AS and I had to repeat a year of school. It's sort of put a downer on my spirits. I however am holding onto an ABB kings offer (and its not dependent on RO phew!). and I managed to get my friends Christmas present sorted to give to her. My hustling Goldies, is not to be underestimated.

Anyway, I need to get back to the liver and kidneys!!

Gold Panda out xxxx
Gold Panda
Rep:
?
HAPPY NEW YEAR 🎉🎉🎉😘

Sorry I haven’t been posting and being MIA for most of the hols I was extremely busy. Today was my 19th birthday and I got some very nice white hot chocolate and tea from Whittard of Chelsea and I’m getting my gift tomorrow. It was tres chic as they say in France! And woo! It’s not 2019 anymore, it’s 20-freaking-20 oh my dayssssss 🥳🥳🥳🥳

So now it’s serious. It’s my last chance to get into uni. I will make it. I will make 2020 my best year to date.

Now it’s past 1pm so I will sleep shortly. But I’m thankful you Goldies will be there every step of the way.

Gold Panda out xxx!
Last edited by Gold Panda; 4 weeks ago
Gold Panda
Rep:
?
AP2 start from tomorrow

I’m back from my holidays yall! So what’s being happening hear! Sorry for only posting weekly, I have a hella huge amount on my plate.

It’s my first day of school today! Thankfully it’s a half day so I haven’t had to do too much today. In bio first lesson, we did revision on plant hormones, which was easy as I’ve already done loads of revision on plant hormones and plants in general! So if they decide to stock up on the plant questions, I’m roaring for it!

I’m currently finishing off my homework in Spanish which is some small speaking paragraphs to write up, so it shouldn’t take me a long time. Afterwards I will finish off my biology questions today before marking them after school tomorrow. Later in tonight I will be editing my English homework and emailing it to my teacher and tomorrow at 5pm, I will be emailing my second draft for coursework. Tomorrow I will also my Spanish exam, a writing for Volver and a whole biological processes paper! I’m just scared if Communication and Homeostasis comes up, I hate that bloody topic!

So tldr, I’m aiming for finish off my Spanish paragraphs before I go home, email off my essays for homework before I eat, then complete the biology questions and edit off my coursework to be sent off before 5pm! Phew, and I’m gonna be shattered by the weekend.

Also, guess who got AirPods for her birthday? This girl diddd!!! 🥳🥳🥳❤️❤️😘😘
Gold Panda
Rep:
?
Exam Update w Gold Panda - Part 1

So it is now the second week of AP2s. I had 4 exams last week; Spanish film writing on Volver, Biological processes both on Wednesday, Spanish oral on Thursday and full English drama paper on Friday. Volver, which was a last minute addition that I found out, went surprisingly ok. I planned a lot and wrote around 2 pages solidly, so not a bad essay at all. Biology was a bit 💩 at this point, as all the stuff I revised, like plant hormones and selective reabsorption didn’t come up. My mum was miffed at me as well and my dad ate me alive because I found the exam hard. Like sorry guys, I don’t get to choose what comes up in the exam. Story of my life at this point. English was easy, but I feel like I should have spent less time on Othello than I did in the exam as I’m sure my streetcar mark suffered for it.

And the scariest thing is, I’m not yet done! I have the bulk of my exams still to come up. I have my English paper 2 for prose after school tomorrow, I have my Spanish oral resubmission tomorrow morning (at 7:45am gosh!), biological diversity on Thursday and poetry on Friday. I also would have had my big Spanish listening, reading and writing paper on Thursday too but a last minute school trip came up so the Head of sixth form is arranging for me and my friend Luna in Spanish to do it another time. Hopefully next week. Idc, it gives me extra time to revise. That’s my worst Spanish paper you know Ahahah.

Anyway, I’m gonna try my best now to ensure I have my Spanish independent research project completely word perfect for tomorrow and revise Handmaids Tale.

Gold Panda out xxxx
Gold Panda
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Exam Update w Gold Panda - Part 2

So it is still the second week of AP2s. I had 2 exams yesterday; Spanish oral exam which was my independent research project on the Argentine dictatorship of '76-'83 (it was shorter because I didn't have to redo any tarjetas thankfully!) and English prose exam. Since apparently the entire class wasn't good during the Spanish went surprisingly brilliant, as my grammar was much better and it was so much clearer and fluent. All I have to do is ensure when I am answering questions like ''what was the first success of Videla's government?'' I would have to answer in the past tense, which is so confusing as I still have to answer in present as well because they still affect Argentine society today. English was a fairly decent exam as it was on Locations in Handmaids and Frankenstein, which is easy enough as I had already written about settings in both novels. So I am done with those exams. Which means I have biological processes tomorrow, poetry on Friday and likely Spanish listening, reading and translation on Monday. I submitted all my holiday homework and sent off my coursework which is utter 💩 as I'm still about a thousand words short but at least I sent it off!

Anyway I am supposed to be working on my biology revision instead of updating my blog right now as I am in independent study so I need to be extra sly!

Gold panda out xxx
Gold Panda
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Exam Update w Gold Panda - Part 3

Christ on a pogo stick I AM DONE WITH AP2SSSSS!!! I just did my final Spanish paper during P2 and tutor, running a few minutes into lunch and I! Am! Motherf*cking! DONEEEEEE!!! It was an easy paper that I think I did ok in. Yeah I know my summaries could have been better but I generally struggle with them. I'm fairly confident I did good in this paper.

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 20
Size:  42.5 KB

Right now, I am updating this blog and then going to take this evening off. Tomorrow I will get back on track with biology work and do all my homework tomorrow for Wednesday. I have got a lot of biology homework to do and they have changed the way that they want it now, which is just additional work for me. 🙄🙄🙄🙄 Don't I love my school that much ahaha

Gold Panda out xxx

Tag mandemmmm
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Heyyyy happy belated birthday! Huge well done for getting through the exams :woo:
Gold Panda
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by laurawatt)
Heyyyy happy belated birthday! Huge well done for getting through the exams :woo:
Thank youuuuu 😘😘😘😘. I’m so glad too I got my exam done with at last! It was a tough old time 😂😂😂
Gold Panda
Rep:
?
The Tale Of Two Insurances

This is a different update to one I am usually doing (NGL, I feel like my blog isn’t as good as some of the others and I don’t update everyday about my school and stuff). But I have a bit of a pickle.

WHAT SHALL I DO ABOUT MY INSURANCE???

Name:  giphy.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  17.8 KB

I have now received all my offers. Ive had them for 2 months now and I need to make a decision early to ensure I get that out of the way. I am going to firm King’s College London because it’s King’s College London and brilliant english course (and I have the opportunity to travel abroad eeekk!). For my insurance, I haven’t got that much of a clue between Queen Mary and Goldsmiths. Queen Mary is ranked higher than Goldsmiths and the course is fantastic. And NGL, I've been there. Once. For the National Student Conference for RO last year 😅😅😅. And I have never been to Goldsmiths in my life. My actual reason for picking out Goldsmiths (and Royal Holloway for that matter) was because I needed to fill out 5 options and I didn’t especially like all of the London unis and I'm staying home to study. Goldsmiths just had the advantage of having a pretty course for English and being an RO uni and I was ignorant about RH's real location. Apparently it's in Surrey??? Ngl, I feel a bit stupid now 😅😅😅😅

Name:  Unknown-1.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  10.4 KB Goldsmith's Campus

So what will you do Gold Panda??? I hear you ask so feverishly. Well, I will go to the applicant days for Goldsmiths and Queen Mary, if Queen Mary ever decide to pull their finger out and actually do one. I also will need to work my persuasion skills to allow my teacher to let me go the Goldsmiths applicant day on the 11th March because they are not allowing us to go after the 1st of March. Head of year was like ‘’go to Goldsmiths and Kings on the same day. Like half and half.’’ Not like they both start at the same time for English don’t they 🙄🙄

Name:  Unknown-2.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  10.4 KB Queen Mary's Campus

I will make my decision before Easter. Ojalá

Name:  71qBZoh321L._SS500_.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  13.5 KB

Gold Panda out xxx
Gold Panda
Rep:
?
More School You

Welcome back to another update of the G Word, my GYG for the academic year 2k19-20. It’s been rather a shocking while since I did a school update blog and you Goldies are salvating at the prospect of me updating you on Keats so here we go.
For biology period one, we went over AP2 feedback for the diversity paper, the second and last biology paper I did for my AP2s. We spent most of that time going over a question of penguins that came up, which was a graph on penguin populations from a random island in Antarctica. Would have liked to go over some other questions I struggled with, especially since in the grand scheme of things, I didn’t do too badly in that question. I will shortly do an update on AP2 hopefully by Monday next week but let’s just say I am pleasantly surprised at my results.

Name:  Chinstrap-penguin.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  39.3 KB

For Spanish second lesson we went through La Casa de Bernarda Alba, the book we are studying for Spanish (also realised I may or may not have told you guys what I'm studying for my subjects so I will probably have to redo my intro yet again 😭😭😭😭.) we discussed how Pepe el Romano is (or isn’t) responsible for Adela’s death (spoiler alert). We also discussed the traditional Spanish society of the 30’s and contrasts to modern life.

Name:  casa_bernarda_alba.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  31.6 KB

For English third lesson, we went over an unseen poetry for poetry revision. We did Somewhat Unravelled by Jo Shapcott and compare to strong emotions in Please Hold by Ciaran O’Driscoll and growing old in On her Blindness by Adam Thorpe. The poem was about dementia and the narrator’s elderly auntie slowly losing her night with a soft leveity to it.
I am starting to get my APs back and I have marks for some of them (not all 😭) soon I will do an update but I think this went wayyyyyy better than AP1.

Name:  91613363-close-up-of-young-person-s-hand-holding-elderly-person-s-hand-as-sign-of-caring-for-sen.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  91.7 KB

Gold Panda out xxx
Gold Panda
Rep:
?
The Bookstore

Since I forgot to do this at the beginning, here is what I study for my subjects English: It’s Edexcel and my books for Drama are Othello by Shakespeare and A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams. For my Prose, I study science and society in Frankenstein by Mary Shelley and The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood. For Poetry, I do Keat’s selected poems by perhaps unsurprisingly John Keats and Poems of the Decade. For my coursework, I am comparing the portrayals of women in The Color Purple by Alice Walker to Khaled Hosseini’s A Thousand Splendid Suns. For Spanish, in addition to the various topics, I cover, like immigration and popular movements in Y2 and Hispanic idols and pre-Columbian Americas in Y1, I study the film Volver by Pedro Almodovar and the play La Casa de Bernarda Alba by Federico Garcia-Lorca.

Name:  casa_bernarda_alba.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  31.6 KBName:  220px-Jessica_Tandy_with_Kim_Hunter_and_Marlon_Brando._cph.3b23243.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  16.1 KBName:  Unknown-1.jpeg
Size:  12.1 KBName:  Unknown-2.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  12.2 KBName:  Unknown-3.jpeg
Size:  7.1 KBName:  Unknown-4.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  5.1 KBName:  Unknown-5.jpeg
Size:  5.0 KBName:  Unknown-6.jpeg
Size:  16.2 KBName:  Unknown-7.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  8.4 KBName:  Unknown-8.jpeg
Size:  11.9 KB
Gold Panda
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Update 101

Sooo Goldies, what's up? It's now the end of a very long week which was extremely disorganised as I went from having received hardly any homework for 2 weeks to all of a sudden, piles and piles of (mostly biology!) homework. Literally, post lesson notes, self quizzing, exam questions, articles, practical write-ups, the lot! So I had 2 detentions this week due to lack of organisation on Tuesday (biology) and Thursday (English), had library duty after school on Monday which means I have only come home on time on Wednesday this week (RIP) . Right now I am marking my AP2 biology diversity paper and charging my AirPods in Independent study so I will now go. Byeeee xxx

Gold Panda out xxx

Gold Panda
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago

5 x 2

Whats up Goldiessss??? Yes, tis another update. Sorry for the delay but I was extremely sick with a horrible cold all weekend and extremely busy with lots of deadlines coming up. I had Spanish lesson one today, where I had to submit a worksheet on negative verbs like Sino, ninguna, nada, etc.. and then a word quiz and grammar drill. We were discussing youth unemployment in Spain and the UK and gave our thoughts about it. I believe its worse up north because of the lack of opportunities up there. And in slightly off-topic news, the cognates and near cognates in Spanish and English is now driving me crazy as I literally was going to spell opportunities as opportunidades and it has been creeping to my English work as well, which is the last thing I need.

Name:  Unknown-1.jpeg
Views: 11
Size:  5.0 KB

In biology, we did probably the only practical I have ever done in bio where I feel like an actual biologist. We were essentially culturing bacteria from 24hr fermentation and 48hr fermentation and tomorrow we will see the bacteria grow hopefully xx. We did serial dilutions and we need to be able to count the colonies soon.

Name:  Unknown-2.jpeg
Views: 13
Size:  10.3 KB

I currently have a presentation on Federico Garcia Lorca and an essay on Adela's death in La Casa de Bernada Alba due tomorrow which means I need to now get off the student room and start my essays. I need to also find from the depths of hell my presentation on FGL so my workload is reduced. I have to go now.

Gold Panda out xxx

My tag tag taggiezzz
Last edited by Gold Panda; 1 week ago
Fazzy_77
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Good luck with the presentation and essay!
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Oooh the fermentation experiment looks cool! Hope Spanish goes well :hugs:
emilynxlan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
PRSOM :heart:
Gold Panda
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fazzy_77)
Good luck with the presentation and essay!
Thank youuu. Presentation went well ❤️❤️
Gold Panda
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
Oooh the fermentation experiment looks cool! Hope Spanish goes well :hugs:
Yeah it was. And we managed to avoid contamination in all bar one little spot in one of the 48hr ones. ✨✨
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (195)
67.71%
No (93)
32.29%

Watched Threads