helpintransfer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi All.

Anyone who applied for B940 at SGUL?

If so has anyone received any conditional offer as this course doesnt require a UCAT cutoff for interview like A100.

Thanks in advance
liliaaevans
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi,

I applied as well but still haven't heard anything at all. I guess we might all be in the same boat. I'm super anxious about it.
helpintransfer
Rep:
?
(Original post by liliaaevans)
Hi,

I applied as well but still haven't heard anything at all. I guess we might all be in the same boat. I'm super anxious about it.
Thanks for posting.

Kindly once you receive any update on your application please update as it will help all.

Thanks
St George's University of London
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi!

Just wanted to say good luck to you both and that I will let you know if I hear anything about when Biomedical Science offers start to be sent out.

I remember how anxious it can feel waiting to hear back. Wishing the best of luck to you!

Do let me know if there are any questions about St George's or about Biomedical Science that I could answer for you!

Millie, 4th year medical student, official student rep of St George's University of London
helpintransfer
Rep:
?
(Original post by St George's University of London)
Hi!

Just wanted to say good luck to you both and that I will let you know if I hear anything about when Biomedical Science offers start to be sent out.

I remember how anxious it can feel waiting to hear back. Wishing the best of luck to you!

Do let me know if there are any questions about St George's or about Biomedical Science that I could answer for you!

Millie, 4th year medical student, official student rep of St George's University of London
Thanks Millie St George's University of London for the reply.

My predicted grades are AAA ( Bio/ Chem/ Maths) and also meet the GCSE requirements ( is there any other requirement to fulfill)

SGUL dont need UCAT score for Biomedicine so any idea when they will will start sending conditional offers.
Submit reply
liliaaevans
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Thank you Mille St George's University of London

I have not got any questions as such about the course.

I just wanted to ask if the university waits for all the applications to come in before making offers?

Kind Regards,
Lilia Evans
thedecorator33
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Do they interview everyone before giving offers? I applied for med but put Biomed at St George’s as my 5th choice so I don’t know if they will interview me or not
helpintransfer
Rep:
?
Anyone with updates?
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by thedecorator33)
Do they interview everyone before giving offers? I applied for med but put Biomed at St George’s as my 5th choice so I don’t know if they will interview me or not
Hi!

There are no interviews for Biomedical Science! So you would either get an offer or you won't.

Best Wishes,
MJ
4th Year MBBS
St. George's
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by liliaaevans)
Thank you Mille St George's University of London

I have not got any questions as such about the course.

I just wanted to ask if the university waits for all the applications to come in before making offers?

Kind Regards,
Lilia Evans
Hey!

I'm not entirely sure about this one, maybe Millie can help you out when she sees this. If not, I would recommend giving them a call/email - this can be found on the St. George's website.

I hope that helps!

Best Wishes,
MJ
4th Year MBBS
St. George's
helpintransfer
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

I rang the admission office today and was told that they will invite Bio Medical applicants for an interview (to my understanding its not correct)

Please can you confirm from the admissions and provide an update on the Biomedical Science application,

Thanks
rayan.s
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey Also waiting for news back from them!Hope they don't interview- too much stress!
helpintransfer
Rep:
?
St George's Uni

Please can you provide us an update.

Thanks
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by helpintransfer)

I rang the admission office today and was told that they will invite Bio Medical applicants for an interview (to my understanding its not correct)

Please can you confirm from the admissions and provide an update on the Biomedical Science application,

Thanks
(Original post by rayan.s)
Hey Also waiting for news back from them!Hope they don't interview- too much stress!
(Original post by helpintransfer)
St George's Uni

Please can you provide us an update.

Thanks
Hi,

I can appreciate how stressful applying for uni can be - I remember it myself!

As far as I'm aware, St George has never interviewed for Biomedical Science and does not interview for Biomedical Science, as this isn't how they assess their Biomedical Science applicants.
The entry criteria on the website are an up to date for 2019/2020 explanation of the Biomedical Science course and the entry criteria.

I will double-check with Admissions and get back to you for your peace of mind.

Millie
4th year medical student, official student rep of St George's University of London
helpintransfer
Rep:
?
Thanks Millie for an update.

I will be extremely thankful if you can provide us an update after reconfirming from admissions.

Thanks once again.
HummadAhmed
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, I have applied for this course.

To my knowledge this course is unaccredited by the IBMS - is it possible to pay for accreditation of the degree? If so, what extra modules must be completed?

Thank you very much!
PrazzPrazz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by HummadAhmed)

To my knowledge this course is unaccredited by the IBMS - is it possible to pay for accreditation of the degree? If so, what extra modules must be completed?

Thank you very much!
I am applying for Biomed at SGUL for 2020 too! I think before applying I was told to look what unis are IBMS accredited and which aren't after watching a YouTuber. Some unis do, and some don't, and I have applied for a mix. I don't think you can pay for accreditation of the degree but that's only with 90% certainty. Gl!
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by HummadAhmed)

Thank you very much!
Hi!

From what I am aware of you are able to apply for accreditation after completion of your degree. I would suggest taking a look at the IBMS website: https://www.ibms.org/registration/be...pc-registered/

After assessing the degree they will then let you know where to take additional modules and at which universities to take them at, as stated here:https://www.ibms.org/registration/de...-registration/.

I hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Mo
BSc | First Year MBBS
Official Rep for St George's, University of London
HummadAhmed
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by St George's University of London)
Hi!

From what I am aware of you are able to apply for accreditation after completion of your degree. I would suggest taking a look at the IBMS website: https://www.ibms.org/registration/be...pc-registered/

After assessing the degree they will then let you know where to take additional modules and at which universities to take them at, as stated here:https://www.ibms.org/registration/de...-registration/.

I hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Mo
BSc | First Year MBBS
Official Rep for St George's, University of London
Ok, thank you very much!
Helloitsmeloll
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Received offer yesterday at 16:49
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (235)
66.76%
No (117)
33.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed