The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) Applicant Chat & FAQ Thread 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi @M_Sadiqah :hello:,

It totally depends on your application and whether you have sent in all the information and whether your referees have correctly sent in their reference for you.
We normally aim at around 4 to 6 weeks to provide application outcomes however, depending on the circumstances, this could take slightly longer.

When exactly did you submit your application?

Cheers,

Luca

Hey thank you but I just got my offer today Ahahaha
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by lavendertropico
i applied for History and sent my application off on monday, heard back from lincoln and glasgow within days so i was just wondering how long you took? and also if you do interviews for History or not :smile:

Hi @lavendertropico :hello:,

We do normally between 4 to 6 weeks to provide applicants with an update. If this time has passed, please get in touch with the relevant admissions team and they will be able to provide you an update, their contact number is 0161 247 5922. Also, there is no interview involved in the application process for BA (Hons) History :biggrin:.

Hope this helps,

Luca
Reply 22
Hi,
I have recently put MMU as my firm choice after receiving an offer for Graphic Design. Today I received an invite to an offer holder day, but when I went on to book it said that there are currently no applicant days for my course. I am just wondering is there going to be an offer holder day for Graphic Design? And when I will hear from MMU regarding accommodation and the equipment I will need for my course? I liked to be prepared!
Thanks,
Sophie
Original post by SRW1406
Hi,
I have recently put MMU as my firm choice after receiving an offer for Graphic Design. Today I received an invite to an offer holder day, but when I went on to book it said that there are currently no applicant days for my course. I am just wondering is there going to be an offer holder day for Graphic Design? And when I will hear from MMU regarding accommodation and the equipment I will need for my course? I liked to be prepared!
Thanks,
Sophie

Hi Sophie @SRW1406 :hello:,

Firstly, well done on receiving an offer to study Graphic Design at our University! :groovy:

Regarding the upcoming visit days, not all subjects in the various faculties are going to be present, so I am afraid Graphic Design is one of them. However, if you still wish to come along and explore Manchester Met and the Student Life Fair, you can email our team on [email protected] and they will ensure you're booked on for the Student Life Fair and Accommodation tours!

Alternatively, our next Undergraduate Open Day will be on the 17th June 2020, where you'd be able to attend a subject talk for Graphic Design.

You will find out about the necessary equipment you will need for your first year on your Induction Week, therefore I would not worry too much :redface:.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please give me a shout :yy:.

Luca
Hiya, l applied for Msc Adult Nursing accelerated programme and they have a requirement for 500hrs theory within 3 months prior to applying. Does anyone know if online learning can count towards this?
Hi,I was just wondering, I’ve applied for the cardiac physiology course at Man Met a while ago but still not heard anything, not even for an interview. Nothing updated on ucas either. Just wondering how long approximately it takes to get a reply
Original post by Lillydon123
Hiya, l applied for Msc Adult Nursing accelerated programme and they have a requirement for 500hrs theory within 3 months prior to applying. Does anyone know if online learning can count towards this?

Hello @Lillydon123,

Great to see you're interested in our accelerated route to Adult Nursing through the postgraduate course we offer at Manchester Met :biggrin:.

In response to your query, as you would need to provide evidence of 500 hours of academic study, we would accept applicants who have completed online-based courses, as long as these are not below Level 4 and provide you with the right knowledge to match the programme outcomes. You may want to have a look at the Open University or other providers who offer online courses at Level 4-5 in this discipline.

I hope this helps :u:. If you have any other questions, just give us a shout :hello:.

Cheers,

Luca
Hi, I’ve applied for Business Management and received an offer for the grades BBC! In the event I only got BCC in my a levels would I still be accepted into MMU? (I do Fine Art, graphic communication and media studies a levels in college instead of business so I don’t know if that’s affected my entry requirements)
Hi, I am an international applicant and I hold conditional offer for BA (Hons) Architecture. I have accepted MMU as my firm choice. What do I do now? I have not received any email since I put MMU as my firm choice.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I’ve applied for Business Management and received an offer for the grades BBC! In the event I only got BCC in my a levels would I still be accepted into MMU? (I do Fine Art, graphic communication and media studies a levels in college instead of business so I don’t know if that’s affected my entry requirements)

Hello there:smile:,

Firstly, congratulations on your conditional offer :biggrin:. In the event you did not meet the entry requirements, it is possible that we may offer you to start on the course with Foundation Year, however you will have to wait until results day in the summer to find out. Best of luck with your current studies and your exams, I am sure you will do great!

Cheers,

Luca
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I am an international applicant and I hold conditional offer for BA (Hons) Architecture. I have accepted MMU as my firm choice. What do I do now? I have not received any email since I put MMU as my firm choice.

Hi there :smile:,

Well done on receiving a conditional offer to study BA (Hons) Architecture in Manchester. If the offer is conditional, then it means that you will have to meet certain criteria in order to be accepted to the course. This information should be enclosed in your offer letter. If you have any doubts, you can email the admissions team at [email protected] to ask for clarification.

I hope this helps :u:.

Cheers,

Luca
Original post by imHannah
Hi, ive also taken a gap year and achieved 3 C's in my A-levels and I'm looking to apply for business, would i be eligible for the course?

Hi @imHannah,

Apologies for the late reply on this. If you are already qualified at Level 3 with 3-A-levels at CCC, then you hold the equivalent of 96 UCAS tariff points.
In this case, you would have to apply for a course with Foundation Year, as 96 points do not meet the minimum standard for our entry requirements, however it will be sufficient to apply to a course with Foundation Year.

If you have not applied yet, we may still consider late applications for courses starting in September 2020.

I hope this helps :smile: - if you have any further queries, please give me a shout.

Cheers,

Luca
Original post by Fchhadat
Hi,I was just wondering, I’ve applied for the cardiac physiology course at Man Met a while ago but still not heard anything, not even for an interview. Nothing updated on ucas either. Just wondering how long approximately it takes to get a reply

Hi @Fchhadat,

In terms of time frame, we do try to respond to applicants as soon as possible, however being a large institution, we receive deal with a large amount of applications, therefore it may take a little longer for us to process the relevant information and give you an outcome. If it has not been over 2 months yet since you applied, I would say to wait for UCAS track to update :biggrin:.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Luca
Hi @Fchhadat,

In terms of time frame, we do try to respond to applicants as soon as possible, however being a large institution, we receive deal with a large amount of applications, therefore it may take a little longer for us to process the relevant information and give you an outcome. If it has not been over 2 months yet since you applied, I would say to wait for UCAS track to update :biggrin:.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Lu

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the 2020 applicant thread for Manchester Met.

Feel free to introduce yourself and chat to other applicants. To get started you might want to answer some of the following......

What course are you applying for?
Will you be moving away or staying at home?
Are you visiting us/have you visited us at an Open Day?

We are happy to help with any questions you may have about studying with us, so please do not hesitate to ask!

You can also find some really useful information about the university by visiting the links below

We look forward to hearing from you, and good luck with your applications!

MMU TSR Team

I applied on the 9th of February for MSc computing (for non-computing graduates) I studied my undergraduate degree at Benin republic, I have advance diploma in software engineering and 5 years working experience as a software developer, I hope my application will be considered.
Original post by Sadiya_91
I applied on the 9th of February for MSc computing (for non-computing graduates) I studied my undergraduate degree at Benin republic, I have advance diploma in software engineering and 5 years working experience as a software developer, I hope my application will be considered.

Hi @Sadiya_91,

Thanks for reaching out regarding your application. As you have only just submitted your application, please allow a few weeks for the admissions team to process your application.
If you have any queries in terms of course details, please give me a shout and I will try help :smile:.

Cheers,

Luca
Hi, I just wanted to ask whether we get to choose the type of people we live with in the accommodation
Hi; I have received an offer from MMU to study business and marketing. I was wondering what the hours of lectures / time Acctually in uni for this course. I work part time and I’m wondering what the schedule will be like for this course, as I can’t find any information online or in prospectus. Thanks
Hi, I’ve received an offer to study business and marketing at MMU. I was wondering how many hours of lectures / time actually spent at the uni would be. I work part time so I am interested in what the schedule or hours what look like, and I can’t find any info online or on prospectus. Thanks!
I had applied for Criminology and Sociology on 15th January at MMU. However I have still not heard back from them. I have completed one year of a previous degree and so I already have the required grades for both courses. When should I expect a response from MMU?
When. Will. I. Get. My. Offerrrrrr.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending