The Student Room Group
In UKMT Challenges marks are deducted for wrong answers so if you can't answer a question it's better to leave it out than to guess.

I don't believe in luck but well done for preparing - re-doing last year's paper is good preparation.

https://casperyc.weebly.com/ukmt.html

Collection of resources. Hope it's useful.
I'm doing it as well and if you don't know the answer to the question, don't answer. I did a previous Senior Maths Challenge for preparation and to be honest, I found it easier than the Intermediate one. It doesn't matter if you do bad anyway, it doesn't contribute towards anything (unless you wanted to get into the Olympiad).
Reply 4
Original post by casperyc

https://casperyc.weebly.com/ukmt.html

Collection of resources. Hope it's useful.

Sorry if i'm being a bit dumb but it says each file is password protected so I can't access them?
Original post by hajima
Sorry if i'm being a bit dumb but it says each file is password protected so I can't access them?

I literally guessed the password right on my first attempt. The password is "ukmt".
Original post by hajima

Password to open is "ukmt", all lower case without quotes.
Original post by AnonymousGuest
I literally guessed the password right on my first attempt. The password is "ukmt".

Did you not see the moss code ??? dots and dash ...
Reply 8
Did you not see the moss code ??? dots and dash ...

I tried pasting it into the thing thinking it was the password but I didn't know it was morse code. What is the point in having it in morse code?
Original post by hajima
I tried pasting it into the thing thinking it was the password but I didn't know it was morse code. What is the point in having it in morse code?

lol - just for fun...
Original post by hajima
Have you got mark schemes for these or just the papers?

Yes, I do. But I don't want to just post it.
Let me know if you need any specific ones.
Reply 11
Yes, I do. But I don't want to just post it.
Let me know if you need any specific ones.

Nevermind I just realised that the senior challenge ones have the mark scheme on the first page so I deleted my message. Thanks a lot for compiling all of this btw
Original post by hajima
Nevermind I just realised that the senior challenge ones have the mark scheme on the first page so I deleted my message. Thanks a lot for compiling all of this btw

Yes, all the compiled PDF has a matrix of answers only on the first page for you to check.

Capture.PNG

Latest