Clothes for bigger boobs Watch

suek
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey peeps,

I want to buy some pretty tops for the summer - strappy things, halternecks, stuff like that. Except, I can't really find anything I could wear.

I've found a few things on Bravissimo but I can't afford to spend £40 per top

Does anyone have any other ideas? The problem is that there is NO WAY anything could be worn without a bra, and I do have a couple of multiways but there's so many tops that can end up showing more bra than you want seen.

So Bravissimo has tops with bras built in but, like I said - £40. I might treat myself to one particularly pretty one but still. Anyone know any place to get something more strappy with a built in bra?
Alreeeet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Matalan used to?
I don't know if they do now though.
flecalicious
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So is the main problem that you don't want your bra to be seen? I have that problem with a few of my tops showing too much bra under the arms, so I tend to wear very thin, short cardigans over the top that won't make me too hot in the summer but will hide what I don't want to be seen

Also, what size are you? Because small back sizes with larger cup sizes are pretty much pre-destined to a life of buying expensive lingerie/buying around bras... :rolleyes:
Hygeia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if you have a look at bravissimo online, some of their strappy tops are still on sale at £10-£15 each which is a bit more reasonable (not sure what sizes are left though)
suek
Rep:
?
Sod's law dictates that pretty much all the tops in the sale they have left aren't in my size, except the ones I don't fancy lol.

I'm a 34FF :\

Going to go to Debenhams after work.. my plan B is to try and find a strapless bra and they do all the Panache, Freya etc range, and then try that with some tops.

BUT! In other news, La Senza have a REALLY CUTE babydoll for £5 which I could get away with, size wise (let's face it, babydolls don't HAVE to be all that supportive for all that long lol) so my mood has been lifted somewhat!
suek
Rep:
?
(Original post by flecalicious)
So is the main problem that you don't want your bra to be seen? I have that problem with a few of my tops showing too much bra under the arms, so I tend to wear very thin, short cardigans over the top that won't make me too hot in the summer but will hide what I don't want to be seen
Nice idea! I'm just not sure they're really "me".. I'm not a very girly girl in terms of clothing

The main issue is that most of my bra straps are pretty huge and/or unsightly, so wearing strappy tops or shoulder exposing tops is out unless I can find a decent strapless, or tops with support build in (would have to be underwired).
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by suek)
Sod's law dictates that pretty much all the tops in the sale they have left aren't in my size, except the ones I don't fancy lol.

I'm a 34FF :\

Going to go to Debenhams after work.. my plan B is to try and find a strapless bra and they do all the Panache, Freya etc range, and then try that with some tops.

BUT! In other news, La Senza have a REALLY CUTE babydoll for £5 which I could get away with, size wise (let's face it, babydolls don't HAVE to be all that supportive for all that long lol) so my mood has been lifted somewhat!
Its what I do sometimes and in fact the strapless bra fits and sits a lot better than a bra with straps on tbh! lol
LoreleiLee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just buy a strapless bra... M&S do good DD-G ones that are probably cheaper than Debenhams.
suek
Rep:
?
(Original post by LoreleiLee)
Just buy a strapless bra... M&S do good DD-G ones that are probably cheaper than Debenhams.
*adds M&S to the shopping route*

Thanks!

Debenhams have a blue cross atm tho
LoreleiLee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by suek)
*adds M&S to the shopping route*

Thanks!

Debenhams have a blue cross atm tho
One other thing I'd say though is I wouldn't bother with La Senza, I'm a 36FF and I always find them absolutely useless lol
Creative
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Inflatable wonderbra.
suek
Rep:
?
(Original post by LoreleiLee)
One other thing I'd say though is I wouldn't bother with La Senza, I'm a 36FF and I always find them absolutely useless lol
Oh yeah definitely. I have a huuuuuuuge soft spot for their PJs though. And this babydoll, I could manage with a 14E I think
suek
Rep:
?
(Original post by Creative)
Inflatable wonderbra.
That sounds massively useful for someone who already has big breasts, ty. :confused:
Creative
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by suek)
That sounds massively useful for someone who already has big breasts, ty. :confused:
the bigger the better, for us guys that is, not for your back. .

On top of that, I misread the post. :getmecoat!
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
try house of frasier if you have one.
They have some good strapless bras. recently bought a fantasie on from there for under £20.
Also Brastop.co.uk. good for cheap bras.
flecalicious
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by suek)
Nice idea! I'm just not sure they're really "me".. I'm not a very girly girl in terms of clothing

The main issue is that most of my bra straps are pretty huge and/or unsightly, so wearing strappy tops or shoulder exposing tops is out unless I can find a decent strapless, or tops with support build in (would have to be underwired).
Have a look around because there are cardiagns out there that are a lot less girly, I promise!

As for the bra straps, really? Whilst my bras all have large, wide straps for support, mine are delighfully pretty! Or at least nice colours I'm a 34F/FF and I buy pretty much all of my bras from La Senza - they're really comfy, support me fanastically and (best of all!) are all very gorgeous! Oh, and sometimes they have little bows on them I'd highly recommend them...
suek
Rep:
?
Ahh well the wideness is the bit I don't like really

BUT! I am back from my trip, and I had much success. I hit Debenhams first, and found the perfect strapless bra in their own range "Gorgeous" - had to go down a cup size though since they didn't have a FF but I'm not suffering for it. I did try a 34FF in a different sort of bra and it was too big so, I guess they size differently to other brands! Anyway the bra itself was only £16 so yay!

I did try M&S too, but omg! Their bras + me are not a good mix - whatever it is when I try them on, after about 10 seconds max, I start to get irritation like, in the middle of my boobs, where the underwires meet. No chance of wearing them! (The bra I tried on was £4 more than Debenhams though).

I also got a lovely plunge bra from the Gorgeous Debenhams range so... I definitely have a new favourite brand
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (322)
37.49%
No - but I will (67)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (408)
47.5%

Watched Threads