The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Funny how people are confident about dying, yet when death brushes past like a gust of wind, they never felt better living!
Reply 141
Muppety_Kid
You're going straight to Hell for saying that :p:

However, as someone pointed out in an article I read a while ago, we're probably all going to Hell. Most religions state that if you're not part of their religion, you go to Hell. Since nobody's a member of more than one religion, we'll all be reunited there...

:evil:

If a believer (in God) knew how much punishment God had he would never consider himself safe from torment and if a non believer knew how much Mercy God had he would never lose hope in going to Paradise.
No I'm not scared of death. Surprisingly I'm not even scared of dying in pain. :s-smilie: If I'm meant to die after being hit by a bus, then I shall. If I'm meant to die old and peacefully in my sleep, thats good too. I've joked quite a bit about it and my mum absolutely hates how uncaring I seem. Thing is I've enjoyed life up to this point and plan on continuing to do so. I've made the most of my life so far so if I kick the bucket early, it won't be with regrets.

edit: just read that through, its kinda morbid. :rolleyes:
I don't think it's the "death" part that scares me, I think it is more of what i'm going to miss out on in life.... but yeah, that's what I think ^^
Haven't been able to sleep tonight due to death fear, hence silly O clock.
I don't fear death, but I do rather prefer life to it. Death may be an adventure, but I'd like to live life to the fullest. I do fear other people dying though.
I dont mind death- I just hope I'm not there when it happens :biggrin::biggrin:
Yes, very much so.
Reply 148
That poem has it DOWN.
Larkin understands...

The fear of death is something that leaps at me occasionally at unexpected moments. Moments of half-light. Moments when I am alone, and I have finished my book. Moments when the world is so beautiful that the thought of leaving it hurts.

But then I stop and think, and isn't the world is so heart breakingly beautiful BECAUSE everything is temporary...everything is in flux.

I used to imagine death as floating in nothing.
Which is rather a paradox...or an oxymoron....

Anyway. I am not scared of death now, sitting at my bright computer screen in this awake and noisy place. However I know that sometimes the fear of it is all consuming.

I am scared of PAIN however. I imagine death'll involve some.
It used to but, death is inevitable and it's not like you are aware of it when it happens so it's nothing scary.
im not sure until its about to happen but not atm
Theres no point fearing it in my opinion, its unplesant by all means and no one wants it to happen but its going to, to everyone. I try not to think of when I'm going to die, and concentrate on making my time on this earth the best I can. I can definatley think of why people are so scared of it. Its so cruel at times and it also takes loved ones away from you, it really is horrible, but inevitable.
No, when it's time for me to go, it's time for me to go.

That's just the way it is.
Reply 153
death does not scare me, bad death does though... my best mates and familys death also must be avoided.

fr example i dont want to be tortured to death, kinda bad death to me.

Latest

Trending

Trending