The Student Room Group

Boyfriend in the Navy

wondering about the gap between the end of phase 1 training and beginning phase 2 training. i know phase 2 training lets my boyfriend begin specializing in his marine engineering work, and he said he could possibly have 2 weeks off between the end of phase 1 in Plym and starting phase 2 in portsmouth. do you happen to know if it's more likely he'll have a few weeks off or if he'll pass out on the friday and start 3 days later on the monday?
Reply 1
Original post by lmsm641
wondering about the gap between the end of phase 1 training and beginning phase 2 training. i know phase 2 training lets my boyfriend begin specializing in his marine engineering work, and he said he could possibly have 2 weeks off between the end of phase 1 in Plym and starting phase 2 in portsmouth. do you happen to know if it's more likely he'll have a few weeks off or if he'll pass out on the friday and start 3 days later on the monday?

It all depends on him getting through Phase 1 training at the first attempt and the start date for his Phase 2 course. There's usually a reasonable gap between Phases 1 and 2 as not everyone on his Phase 1 will be going marine engineer, some could be training later, in which case arrangements will be made for him to get experience on a base somewhere before starting Phase 2.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
It all depends on him getting through Phase 1 training at the first attempt and the start date for his Phase 2 course. There's usually a reasonable gap between Phases 1 and 2 as not everyone on his Phase 1 will be going marine engineer, some could be training later, in which case arrangements will be made for him to get experience on a base somewhere before starting Phase 2.

oh okay ! Thank you :smile: what would happen then if he fails his phase 1 for some reason (he's very dedicated so I can't really see that happening), would he then have to wait a few months before starting the 10 weeks again or can he start with a new class relatively soon?

Quick Reply

Latest