Best way to loose flab around middle! Watch

Kelly^2
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey
I've never really done any sort of exercise plan, I just have quite a healthy diet and I walk quite a bit - which maintains me at a healthy enough state, although extremely unfit when it comes to anything remotely related to cardio.

Im about 5ft 11 and just under 10.5 stone, I'm happy with my weight but I've got a little bit of fat on my hips and belly. I'm looking for some advice on the best way to loose this/tone up?
Thanks guys
Misogynist
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry but you can't spot reduce fat. You can however lose fat all over and therefore reduce the size of your 'middle'.

You'll have to do away with the not having an exercise plan bit. If your diet is in check and low on carbs, incorporate some exercise and watch the fat melt away.
Kelly^2
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Okay, so just any exercise, even if its a brisk walk twice a day or something?
ch0c0h01ic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, any exercise will help, but that is only if your diet is spot on. If you're still eating too many calories you still may not lose weight and you may actually still put more fat on.

At the very least ensure you get your 10,000 steps a day (about 3 miles) it is surprising how many people don't get that and it will help.

How about joining an exercise class? Sports team? Sports club? Do something you enjoy, you'll lose weight, get fitter, look better and enjoy yourself.
Misogynist
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kelly^2)
Okay, so just any exercise, even if its a brisk walk twice a day or something?
No. It'd have to be something like HIIT.

I don't know how useful that link is, but it should give you a basic outline on what it is. Cardio generally requires more time than weight training, although it wouldn't be a bad idea to do both (Cardio and weight training.)

You're generally looking at 1-1.5 hours of training a day. Mostly Cardio, and a low carb/high protein diet. (Strict.)

It'll be worth it at the end.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.29%
No - but I will (77)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.07%

Watched Threads