audiology or optometry???? Watch

hannahcan
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
hi. Im starting my second year of alevels and im doing maths, biology and food technology. I did chemistry for As but decided not to do it for a2 - I cant take another year of it!!!!

I'm so confused at the moment. I don't know whether to do optometry or audiology at university. A couple of months ago, I really wanted to do optometry so I'v set up work experience for it for August - 1 week at a high street optician and 1 week in opthalmologist dept in a hospital. Now audiology seems really interesting too.

is there anyone out there who is doing audiology at university and how are you finding it??? Is it hard??? What subjects did you do for alevel and what grades did you get??? and how about optometry???

Thankyou!!!!!
Greenmile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't know much about either, but I would think that you would need physics or chemistry A level for optometry. Check the prospectus of any unis you are thinking of applying to (before you apply) to make sure you meet the entry requirements.
CKap
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you have a careers advisor its good to have a chat with her/him and maybe arranging work expierience with both is worth it. Good Luck oh yeah and now is the time to arrange Open Days
Jayyy1995
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, i'm also just starting A2, I do Biology Chemistry and Business Studies (Dropped Psychology just now) I got BBCD (C in chemistry) (D in Psychology which i dropped) and am hoping to really push it and get AAB which is what I need for Optometry at Manchester University but i have also heard of Audiology and become interested, also the grade requirements are much lower. BBB at Manchester and ABB at Leeds which seem much more achievable. Is there any one studying the course at university and if so do you enjoy it? Also I was wondering about the average salaries of the two and how they compare. Is there much difficultly getting a job with either aswell? thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads