Help!! Watch

sassy sarah
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Can anyone please help me, im supposed to be going out tonight with friends but yesterday i got ridiculously sunburnt......as in glowing bright red and on fire!!! thing is its still bright red on my face and im very self conscious anyway! but this is making me not want to go out tonight as im paranoid about what people will say as its not evenly spread its all in ridiculous patches!!
my friends have organised this night for me as i have not been well recently and part of me really wants to go as there is someone i want to see
so can anyone give ideas on reducing redness fast hahaha!!!
</gibberish>
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
foundation?
flecalicious
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
First of all, make sure you've moisturised your face!

Secondly, I have a little product that neutralises that naturally red tones of my face - it's called "Cool and Calm Colour Correcter" and it's a green type product; it looks and feels like foundation, except that it's green! Mine is by MeMeMe and I got it in Superdrug, but there are other brands out there doing them too (mine just happened to be nice and cheap ). You apply it over the red patches on your face (in this case the red sunburnt parts) - VERY LIGHTLY, mind you, you don't want to end up green all over! - and then (you MUST do this) apply foundation and/or a matte powder over the top.

I'm not saying that it will definitely work, but it might go some way towards neutralising the redness of your face. If you go into Superdrug or Boots, I'm positive you'll be able to get your hands on something that will help

(General colour corrector information)
sassy sarah
oh brilliant thanks, im gonna go superdrug and see if that works haha! i feel like such a wally tho....it dont help my housemate calling me his little strawberry!
flecalicious
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Great! Just one last tip - if you can, buy or use a clean foundation sponge to apply it, as it sounds as though you might be applying it all over your face! It'll look a lot smoother and less obvious if you use a sponge rather than your fingers. And if you don't usually use foundation, it may also be best just to apply a matte, flesh-coloured finishing powder over the top instead, so you don't overapply or feel all greasy under the layers! But yeh, you'll know whether or not you look too green/too red

Good luck!
sassy sarah
brilliant thanks very much for your help....hope it works cus im trying to impress someone hahah
x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (24)
48%
No - but I will (1)
2%
No - I don't want to (1)
2%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (24)
48%

Watched Threads