Emma4554
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey everyone so I just thought I’d ask your opinion on this,

My friend and I were in London and twice these two ladies came up to me in different parts of London and asked if I wanted to be a model. Obviously I said no because I assumed it was a scam. I am just very paranoid right now and overly anxious.
What’s your opinion on this? Should I be worried?

Thank you so much,

Emma
Kaz_xx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don’t worry about it you will be fine. Just try to relax. As long as u don’t agree to people randomly asking if u want to be a model u will be fine (to me this would seem a bit weird if someone just came up to me and asked me this.)
Last edited by Kaz_xx; 1 week ago
Emma4554
Rep:
?
Thank you so much for this, yes it was so weird and we were just so shocked. Nothing like that has ever happened to me. Strange but oh well, thank you again for this! You have put me at ease
(Original post by Kaz_xx)
Don’t worry about it you will be fine. Just try to relax. As long as u don’t agree to people randomly asking if u want to be a model u will be fine (to me this would seem a bit weird if someone just came up to me and asked me this.)
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bit odd to be honest, probably using the fact she’s a woman to exploit young people. Just forget about it and don’t think too much of it, well done for standing your ground and declining.
Emma4554
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deggs_14)
Bit odd to be honest, probably using the fact she’s a woman to exploit young people. Just forget about it and don’t think too much of it, well done for standing your ground and declining.
Thank you for your reply. Yes it was so odd because I’ve never even heard of anything like that ever happening. I was more anxious earlier but you have helped me become less scared! Thank you
expatmum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Emma4554)
Hey everyone so I just thought I’d ask your opinion on this,

My friend and I were in London and twice these two ladies came up to me in different parts of London and asked if I wanted to be a model. Obviously I said no because I assumed it was a scam. I am just very paranoid right now and overly anxious.
What’s your opinion on this? Should I be worried?

Thank you so much,

Emma
Hey Emma, I'm going to completely disagree with everyone - not about don't be anxious, because of course you shouldn't, but that it is is a pretty common practice. I'm a mum, who modelled from the ages of 18 - 26 and I was stopped in the street multiple times a looong time ago It is common for agencies to have scouts who go to places where young girls shop (Covent Garden / Top Shop on Oxford Circus come to mind). The scouts work on commission and get a payment from the agency if they take a model on. There should be no talk of money or shoots. Basically, ask them which agency they represent and get a card. You can then google the website and see if they are reputable. All the good London agencies used to have a policy where you can just walk in (normally in the mornings) and see a booker (person who works there) responsible for the new faces. They will talk to you, take a few polaroids (probably not any more!) and take down some details if they are interested in you. I would not be worried at all - it's a pretty common process. Even if these people were fake they were probably just trying to get you to pay for some 'modelling shots'. I really wouldn't be anxious about it - they are not going to do anything, presuming that you didn't give them any information about yourself like phone number etc? If you want any more advice just ask - I have friends who run agencies now, so my information is pretty up to date. It could be a good way to pay off your student loans - just remember to go to Uni! I didn't - I got discovered in my year off and never went - I had a fabulous eight years but really had to work to get established in my career after that...
Last edited by expatmum; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (48)
66.67%
No (24)
33.33%

Watched Threads