saaad32
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I just noticed that there wasn't really a thread to discuss the Economics Admissions Assessment for Cambridge for 2020 entry. As it took place today, what are your thoughts? How did it go?
I guessed the last two of the Math section and the last one in the Problem solving section. I expect 11-12/16 and 15-17/20 respectively
someenglishguy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by saaad32)
Hi, I just noticed that there wasn't really a thread to discuss the Economics Admissions Assessment for Cambridge for 2020 entry. As it took place today, what are your thoughts? How did it go?
I guessed the last two of the Math section and the last one in the Problem solving section. I expect 11-12/16 and 15-17/20 respectively
How did you find the essay? I was glad it wasn’t like the sample and 2016 essay questions
saaad32
Rep:
?
(Original post by someenglishguy)
How did you find the essay? I was glad it wasn’t like the sample and 2016 essay questions
Yeah, I actually enjoyed writing the essay, but ended up writing only 4 sides due to time restraints.
How was yours? And how did section 1 go?
someenglishguy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah, I actually enjoyed writing the essay, but ended up writing only 4 sides due to time restraints.
How was yours? And how did section 1 go?
I only wrote two and a half sides for the essay but then I thought I could say all I want in that amount.

Section 1 went alright; there were one or two questions I didn’t answer due to time constraints but I feel pretty confident about the rest of the questions.
CaptainHolt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was quite happy with the multiple choice, there were about 6 that I wasn't sure about.

The essay was a nice question though I felt there wasn't a huge amount to say so fear I've repeated myself a little.
Albdaeni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would say I expect the same scores, and I thought the questions were not difficult but ngl the time constraint got me. For section 2, It went well, albeit, due to time constraint I worry I didn't add another part I desperately wanted in aswell as a slightly more concrete conclusion. I hope I have luck on my side; I kind of ****ed-up on time tho.
DevAsn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think problem-solving was tough for me. I think I got 11-13/20. The math was excessively easy and I think I got 14/16 for sure. So my estimate is from around 70% to 75% marks. Do you think this should be good enough to make the interview round?
chughes2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DevAsn)
I think problem-solving was tough for me. I think I got 11-13/20. The math was excessively easy and I think I got 14/16 for sure. So my estimate is from around 70% to 75% marks. Do you think this should be good enough to make the interview round?
I think this is probably more than enough, they normally consider 50% to be a decent score.
chughes2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I thought the problem solving went well for me, and the maths wasn’t the greatest but section 1 was similar to all the specimens I’d seen so I felt confident with it and how I’d done. Section 2 threw me a bit, I wish we had gotten a question rather than the weird task thing, and I just don’t think my essay was anything wow I feel okay though because I’d rather have a mediocre ECAA and a great interview than the other way round!!
saaad32
Rep:
?
Has anyone been invited for an interview yet?
zfk0
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
For Section 2, I found one of the questions quite interesting. It was a cubic equation with constant (k^2+16) with only one root, and we were supposed to find the value of k. How did everyone approach that question?
karsh31
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by zfk0)
For Section 2, I found one of the quesyeahtions quite interesting. It was a cubic equation with constant (k^2+16) with only one root, and we were supposed to find the value of k. How did everyone approach that question?
yeah that threw me a lot, i almost tried to use the discriminant before realising it was cubic not quadratic ;;
zfk0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I thought one of the questions on cubic equations with constant (k^2+16) and one real root interesting. How did everyone approach that question?

(Original post by karsh31)
yeah that threw me a lot, i almost tried to use the discriminant before realising it was cubic not quadratic ;;
Do you still remember the equation? I think there was a (x+1)^3 in there or something...
Albdaeni
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by zfk0)
For Section 2, I found one of the questions quite interesting. It was a cubic equation with constant (k^2+16) with only one root, and we were supposed to find the value of k. How did everyone approach that question?
I don't think we can discuss questions if you find out I can tell you, I will tell you.
zfk0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Has anyone been invited for an interview yet?
Isn't that a bit early? When do the interview requests come out anyway?
karsh31
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by zfk0)
normally mid-november. i wouldn't worry
Albdaeni
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by zfk0)
Yeah it is , they need to have the ECAA marked
john214
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what did everyone get for the last maths question like the one with IF and all of that jazz
i got F
threetonine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think section 1 was rather accessible, however I didn't manage to finish on time.

Which college did you guys apply to? Downing here.
CaptainHolt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by threetonine)
I think section 1 was rather accessible, however I didn't manage to finish on time.

Which college did you guys apply to? Downing here.
Jesus
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (29)
65.91%
No (15)
34.09%

Watched Threads