Spending too much time on TSR - big mistake Watch

Aemiliana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Okay, there are probably other threads on this, but...

I've realised today that I spend WAY too much time on here. I'm, getting way too concerned about rep (it won't affect me in REAL life) and during my exams, I was on here instead of revising and I think that it has seriously affected my grades...Next year, I'll get myself banned so that I can revise...

Silly TSR for being so addictive

Okay, /rant... Just had to vent.

Anyone else think that they spend too much time on here and it's caused them to neglect exams?
milliondollarcorpse
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nah not really, I did go on here instead of revising, but if I weren't on here I would of found some other way to distract myself.
vin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
get the hell out:hmmm:
OllyThePhilosopher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
Nah not really, I did go on here instead of revising, but if I weren't on here I would of found some other way to distract myself.
Same.
Tombola
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes and No to the title!
Tombola
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
TSR is good.

Where else can you debate until blue, ask academic questions and be extremely nosy in the H&R section?
trm90
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How is it addictive anyway? I get bored after like 15 mins cos the threads I like to skim through aren't amazingly active and H&R/GD/GUD only occasionally have really dramatic or intense threads.
Mcjazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
Yeah I was gonna say this
Bateman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
GTFO.

lol you're right it is adictive, i got myself banned for a month during the exam period.
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I didn't go on TSR much at all before I got this stupid job. Now I'm on here every gawdam day. A little depressing, in some ways, but I've got a social life which certainly isn't adversely affected by TSR.

The main problem I'm having at the moment is that my hangover is making reading quite the challenge, if I'm not keen on vomiting anyway.
xJessx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Same as milliondollarcorpse
steve2006
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i found tsr really good during revising. it taught me alot of stuff about technique not found in text books
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My life is TSR. I leave, i die.
Fillette
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To be fair, it's really not TSR's fault, it's a matter of self control. If you think about it, if it wasn't TSR it would be something else; playstation or another internet forum or any kind of distraction to avoid work. At the end of the day, it's up to you to discipline yourself and work out what your priorities are. But, at least you're not waiting for A2 results, and you have a chance to change your act for future (more important) exams!
purple-girl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I spend more time on here than I probably should, but hey. I do get bored with it after a while and go on one of the few other sites I go on loads. I really should find other things to do than stay online all the time...

As for exams, I don't think it affected them too badly. I probably could've spent more time revising, but hey. I don't know how much more revision I would've done had I not been on TSR as much.
imomo16
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Its just one element of my arsenal of procrastination arms.
If I wasn't here it'd be facebook or some other forum. At least here has vague academic credibility
Actually speaking of procrastinating, I currently should be making a slide show about a US president... Oh well... H&R beckons...
d0mz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I find this a suitable thread to post my 2000th post in.
-M$ [email protected]
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Seanisonfire)
My life is TSR. I leave, i die.
Same here
kidintheriot
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
n00b. :hmmm:

TSR owns.
- skyhigh -
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
Yea its addictive but it wears out after a while.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads