What grade do get overall in a unit if you got a pass in one assignment and merit Watch

CrystalRose17
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi!So I am doing btech applied science level 3 .I have given one assignment on unit 15 and got a pass for it and merit for the rest so what will be my overall grade for this unit.My friend was saying that the lowest grade is your overall grade for the unit .Is this true ?Isn't this unfair 😭
xozxexo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not really sure, if there are multiple assignments throughout unit 15 (around 3 or 4) and you securely got merits, you should be able to still get a merit for that unit. I would double check with your teacher though since I only do btec business and not btec science
lia_r18
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Entirely depends on what the criteria for each assignment is. You'll basically know what you get once you finish all of the assignments for that unit.

◾If you complete ALL of the pass, merit and distinction tasks then you'll finish the unit with a distinction.
◾If you miss a distinction task but complete ALL of the merit and pass tasks then you'll finish the unit with a merit
◾If you miss a merit task (even if you complete all of the other merits & distinctions) but complete ALL of the pass tasks then you'll finish the unit with a pass.
◾If you miss a pass tasks then you fail the unit.

Without knowing what tasks were in your assignment brief, no one will really be able to tell you what you'll end up with at the end of the unit.
CrystalRose17
Rep:
?
(Original post by xozxexo)
Not really sure, if there are multiple assignments throughout unit 15 (around 3 or 4) and you securely got merits, you should be able to still get a merit for that unit. I would double check with your teacher though since I only do btec business and not btec science
Is it but I am not sure either but yeah there are 4 assignments for this unit I will wait for My teacher to tell me my
CrystalRose17
Rep:
?
(Original post by lia_r18)
Entirely depends on what the criteria for each assignment is. You'll basically know what you get once you finish all of the assignments for that unit.

◾If you complete ALL of the pass, merit and distinction tasks then you'll finish the unit with a distinction.
◾If you miss a distinction task but complete ALL of the merit and pass tasks then you'll finish the unit with a merit
◾If you miss a merit task (even if you complete all of the other merits & distinctions) but complete ALL of the pass tasks then you'll finish the unit with a pass.
◾If you miss a pass tasks then you fail the unit.

Without knowing what tasks were in your assignment brief, no one will really be able to tell you what you'll end up with at the end of the unit.
Thank you so much for your explanation according to this then missed a merit so even if I complete all the other merits and distinctions I will still get a pass only 😭😭but ok I will try harder in the next ones
Wonderlost
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Basically yeah. You have to do all the merits in all assignments to get “merit”. Think of it of this way:
The unit has specific learning outcomes that you need to meet and the teachers will set 4-5 assignments to meet those learning objectives. And for you to get merit you have to do merit for all assignments to fulfil the grade. You are essentially working for the same learning outcomes but do it in different assignments.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (29)
46.03%
No (16)
25.4%
I'm not old enough (18)
28.57%

Watched Threads