CGP books for A-Level Bio, Chem and Maths

Watch
rke7241
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Are they worth buying? if it makes any difference at all, I do AQA biology, Edexcel chemistry and OCR A Maths.
xozxexo
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I currently do ocr biology A and honestly the cgp revision guide is what got me 3 marks off an A in my AS exam last year. For biology I would 100% recommend but cannot speak for any other subjects x
Baby_Mama
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by xozxexo)
I currently do ocr biology A and honestly the cgp revision guide is what got me 3 marks off an A in my AS exam last year. For biology I would 100% recommend but cannot speak for any other subjects x
Are you sure? Because Im in year 12 and doing OCR biology and I find the book to be very vague and not detailed enough. Does it have to be detailed or does it only contain the need-to-know stuff.
xozxexo
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Baby_Mama)
Are you sure? Because Im in year 12 and doing OCR biology and I find the book to be very vague and not detailed enough. Does it have to be detailed or does it only contain the need-to-know stuff.
The book compliments my class notes perfectly but since it is a revision guide, the key need to know stuff to comfortably pass is all in there.

I used the book to compliment my studies, it contains everything on the spec so I use it to help make sense and condense class notes because my teacher enjoys to ramble and give us extra information.

I haven't really had many problems with it being too vague?

Revising for my AS exam back in June I condensed my class notes by using the revision guide, and then further condensed the information onto flash cards and highlighting key trigger words.

I would say that the purpose of the revision guide is to have all the necessary information in one place. If you want a more detailed book, I would look to get the text book instead.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (245)
60.49%
No (83)
20.49%
Not sure (77)
19.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed